7 Of 9's Costume?

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Jetfire, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Jetfire

Jetfire Guest

@Gary7

Yeah, those look great...I thought T'Pol had much more stylish suits later in the series.

2. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

That implant on her face is actually just the tip of the iceberg. In "Timeless" we were shown that inside her head it's a massive implant.

Likely the one on her hand comprises most of her hand inside her skin.

3. jolene_b_fan

jolene_b_fan Lieutenant Red Shirt

jerri ryan can pull off any look. not a huge fan of the silver, suit, the brown did look good.

4. sevenstars

sevenstars Captain Captain

I doubt she could look bad in anything. But that original catsuit really did look like some kind of medical construction. That's the only way I could justify its existence, anyway. The Doctor said something about designing it to hold her skin together.

5. Willieck

Willieck Commander Red Shirt

Nonsense. It says "Resistance is futile" doesn't it? :rolleyes:

6. The Badger

The Badger Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yes I know it's impractical. Yes I know it's just an attempt to sex up the show. But my word, I do love the catsuits. I'm not sure why they appeal to me so, although Julie Newmar's Catwoman outfit, Mrs. Peel's leather fighting gear, and Raquel Welch's scuba outfit in Fantastic Voyage may have been an influence.

My absolute fave was the original silver, with the blue and grey two tone a close second. The burgundy one was nice too. Although what the production team were thinking putting her into a brown one is beyond me.

7. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

If you're going to bring Julie, Raquel and Diana into the equation, that totally screws with the curve, and Jeri is no longer a perfect 10.

She's a 6.

8. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

Nice, great job! :bolian: I don't care for T'Pol's blue catsuit - shiny catsuits with patches look too much like bike spandex - but the above jumpsuit is a great one, lots better than the K-Mart rug from Seasons 1 and 2, and it would have been a much better fit for 7 than the nylon pajamas, and a more fitting compromise between nondescript and Starfleet clothes.

9. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

However, she isn't military academy trained, just like Neelix.
    So you can't wear a Starfleet uniform without the proper credentials or approval under stricked curcumstances by the Starfleet military themselves. Seven is a member of the crew like Neelix but still just citizens.

10. Guy Gardener

Exactly why do think people like Lon Suder and Chell were allowed to suit up?

The Maquis renounced their citizenship in disgust of Federation politicts and some of them might have been patriated by the Cardassians.

Neelix wore a uniform in year of Hell.

Was that because there were no replicators and clothing was at a premium or was neelix doing 90 percent of Tuvoks job after he was blinded?

Did Icheb even wear cadet uniform or was his schooling just a regular education and not Starfleet acasemy courses even though he and Naomi were wearing uniforms 15 years later in Shattered?

11. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Suder is clearly a mistake on the clothing staffs part, unless somehow he also quit the Academy like Chakotay & B'Lanna did. He did have starship engineering experence, so maybe. We learned in DS9's "Maquis" that the Cardassians wanted all former Federation citizens removed from their lands while Adm. Nechyev(sp?) still considered the Maquis citizens of the Federation. So I really don't see them being patriated by the Cardassians.

Chell and Neelix went through training by Tuvok who taught at the Academy. We both saw them do so. Tuvok has the authority to do so in order for them to qualify for a uniform.

Why would Neelix do 90% of Tuvoks job if Tuvok has a security staff better trained for such things? Why else wouldn't Neelix only major job was adjusting the security warning?

In 15 years, I'd think someone would have trained Icheb & Niomi by then.

12. Guy Gardener

I was being an ass.

Leading a horse to water.

Sorry.

Every member of Chakotay's crew, no matter their qualifications or definitive lack and absence of qualifications was given a uniform because as Janeway said in the beginning that they were one crew, a starfleet crew.

The maquis however, including Chakotay and the Chief Engineer were given "provisional rank badges" instead of pips. So although the maquis were wearing uniforms, their rank was IMAGINARY.

Kim had a higher rank than Chakotay all along, so he didn't have to feel like complete shit all the time for being the lowest ranked officer on the ship when obviously for many of his clusterfuckeries I would have demoted him through the floor into non-commissioned ranks ranks like Petty Officer and then defrocked the little bugger for his next transgression and then evicted him for the blunder after that.

Kim, Carey and all the real Starfleet officers HUMOURED the Maquis.

Prison labour,

Prison bound.

(At least that must have been Janeway and Tuvok's tinking for the first few weeks before thier backbones turned into marshmellow given what we found out in Worst Case Scenario.)

13. WideEyed

WideEyed Cadet Newbie

In the season 4, episode titled "One"... :drool: (right after the 34 minute mark)

14. The Dominion

The Dominion Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I liked the silver one best myself followed by the blue, it's too bad they couldn't keep it longer because of the collar. The blue one looked closest to a Starfleet uniform, and the brown one just looked...brown. I don't know why they couldn't decide between the two for a while. Unless of course it was because they were implying that they were civilian clothes, and Seven had different stylistic preferences on different days.

Still, the ones after the silver were just so ridiculously thin.

15. Dirty ol Dog

Dirty ol Dog Cadet Newbie

[/QUOTE] In the season 4, episode titled "One"... :drool: (right after the 34 minute mark)[/QUOTE]

I had a look for that pesky toe I looked at S04E25 34 mins into the episode ...Seven is halucinating, the crew is in cryo sleep, and the Doctor enters Engineering and snaps her out of her halucination... she turns and heads toward the Estation in front of the core. Now.... for about a 10th of a second you can see a faint...faint.... toe. I had to go 8x enlarge and 1/4 speed on my 53" HD tv to see anything at all but DAMN IT IT WAS THERE!!....lol oh boy I need to get out more....
    you could put a burlap sack on Jerri Ryan and she would still stop a clock! I did like the way they had her done up as the WW2 singer/underground fighter in the ep that those dudes (their races name eludes me at this point) took over the ship to use the holodeck for deathsport.

16. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

You bumped a topic from over three years ago? :p

Anyways, the hunters you're referring to are the Hirogen. Random one dimensional race of the week. I love how all star trek races are all warriors, or all scientists or all capitalists, etc.

17. USS Firefly

USS Firefly Commodore Commodore

I don't think that Jeri Ryan can look ugly. :)

18. Guy Gardener

Maybe not, but she "does" Boring quite well.

Jeri constantly auditions for the dullest roles.

19. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Seeing as the Federation seems to be populated by scientists, soldiers, or bureaucrats, it's not surprising they weren't anymore inventive with the aliens. The Borg in their original form could be seen as a parody, intentional or not, of the Federation itself.

20. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I always thought Jeri Ryan must have been really desperate for money when she agreed to wear those ridiculous catsuits. I mean what the hell.