Revolution - season 1 part 2 -

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, Jan 7, 2013.

1. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought I saw the bra thing, but replaying it, it's hard to say if there's a bra there or just weird shadows from the hair.

But I've seen that sort of thing traditionally being referred to as "continuity," though recently I agree it's a term more frequently used to plot/dialogue contradicting previously established facts. Like you know... THERE IS NO CHANCE TO EVER GET BACK TO ENGLAND -> HEY LOOK THERE GOES ANOTHER SHIP FULL OF COTTON AND TOBACCO BOUND FOR ENGLAND, HUZZAH THE GREAT SOUTHERN AGRICULTURAL ECONOMY!

2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

In defense of the England thing, that chick just didn't try hard enough. She got to Boston and they told her no, she never tried Georgia, instead just ending up in Chicago banging the elder Matheson patriarch.

3. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Also, Miles said that the trading with Europe was a rumor (and therefore pretty new thing).

4. Yoda

Yeah, but the way I look at it... when they wrote the line about trading with England... were they thinking, "this adds tragedy to the earlier storyline" or did they just forget about that plot? It really feels like the latter to me.

The whole thing is silly, I mean she managed to walk all the way from Seattle. That is no small feat, sure it's not exactly braving the Oregon Trail since you can walk along the Interstate system. Then she just decides to walk all the way to freaking Wisconsin and kill herself? I thought it was pretty dumb at the time, and the "trading with England" stuff just made it worse IMO.

5. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

To be honest, if I found myself walking around Wisconsin, I'd probably want to kill myself, too.

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

No "nanite Raid", then? :lol:

7. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

not on the magnitude we're talking about. Not a tiny infestation, they're spread to the point where you have thousands of them in you every time you take a breath...

8. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Perhaps they could be sabotaged and all detonate at once, like Rom did with the Bajoran minefield on DS9. A "nanite virus", as it were.

9. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

A volume issue. In space, plenty of, uh, space. Obviously prefer to deactivate vice detonate, seeing as you have millions of them inside of you. Even just deactivating, though, suspect it's gonna look like you covered the world in a heavy coat of dust if they all just fall dead...

10. Mr. Laser Beam

If the nanites can be programmed to block power, perhaps they can be reprogrammed to generate it...electricity to any device in the world, without wires...

11. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's exactly what they do.

The Ipod, the light house?

Those devices would not have retained a charge/source after 16 years of inactivity.

12. Scout101

Scout101 Admiral Admiral

That one's just easier to ignore as stupid writing goof. Block the nanites, suddenly it works. That it shouldn't and no one is generating power anymore for it to use, that's just more the standard variety writer stupidity.

They really are just magic, but they tried to explain it anyway and picked something stupid. :)

13. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Captain Captain

Revolution's 2nd season will be produced in Texas.

My guess is that most of S2 will take place out west in the Plains Nation and Texas and Kripke wants a more authentic look for a western setting.

http://www.starnewsonline.com/articl..._source=feedly

Crew members of the locally filmed NBC drama received notice Friday night that the show is moving production out of the state.

In a letter obtained by the StarNews, “Revolution” creator Eric Kripke tells the crew that production for season two will move to Austin, Texas.

“This is not a decision that was made easily or taken lightly,” Kripke wrote. “We agonized over it. And we really regret losing such a terrific crew. Seriously.”

Kripke thanked the local crews for their “amazing work” on the first season of the show, which moved here last summer after filming its pilot episode in Georgia.
    “Please know that when I have a show back in Wilmington, I'd hire any of you in a second,” Kripke added. “I'm sure our paths will cross again. Until then, I wish you the absolute best. And again, warmly, thank you – for the hard work, and for your beautiful town.”

14. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

15. cylkoth

cylkoth Commodore Commodore

Against Arrow on the CW ?
    I see Arrow easily beating it. Perhaps dvr numbers may help REV. But I don't see this working out for them.

16. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

Well that is nice. Now I'll have to watch one by alternate means. I enjoyed having Revolution on Monday and Arrow on Wednesday to watch...

Arrow gets priority for me.

17. Enterprise is Great

I've got 2 DVRs so that's almost never a problem for me except for the night's where both the Lakers are playing and Conan is on and other shows I regularly watch,

18. Enterprise is Great

I wish they would just get to it now. It's pretty obvious that Miles is really Charlie's father. With the reveal that Miles and Rachel had a fling it just makes it more obvious a possibility.

19. Yoda

Did they just travel 400+ miles in one scene transporting a guy in a coma? And poor Charlie... dude's got to have one epic case of morning breath.

20. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

:lol: Monroe's paranoia makes Stalin's behavior look tame.