TV Ratings (Thursday 6th November)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Jax, Nov 7, 2008.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

-Total Viewers:
    CBS: 13.75 million, ABC: 11.16, NBC: 7.64, Fox: 4.55, CW: 4.27

-Adults 18-49:
    CBS: 4.0 rating/10 share, ABC: 3.9/10, NBC: 3.3/8, Fox: 2.1/5, CW: 1.8/4

CBS

ABC

NBC

FOX

CW

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  2. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Winners...
    Honorable Mention...
    Improving..
    Decent...
    Losers...

Round-Up...

NBC had a mixed night but considering its season so far I would say overall a good night with 30 Rock looking like it may of found an audience finally with a impressive demo, 8 million and great rentention from the always impressive Office. ER may be a mere shadow compared to its past glory but it built on from 30 Rock which saw the medical drama win the demo for 10pm and NBC will be glad to see 8.6 million viewers at any time this season. The real problems for NBC on Thursday nights is the 8-9 comedy slot and both shows need to be axed and to be honest I think Chuck would be a perfect way to start this night on come midseason.

ABC has a little more to smile with Ugly Betty not losing viewers anymore and while it was getting around 10 million & 3.5 demo score one year ago, I think ABC would be happy to keep Betty around for at least one more season with those ratings. Greys has also stopped bleeding viewers and settled down at 15 million plus beats CSI in the demo again after CSI's strong start this season. Last but not least is the fast improving Life on Mars, which continues the stop bleeding appoarch but has now gained viewers for the 2nd week running and I hope it returns to 9 million next week since the writing has been getting better and last nights episode was fantastic. My opinion is ABC will give full seasons to all 3 shows before the end of next week.

CBS had a typical night with nothing new to report but Eleventh Hour is getting closer to going under 10 million everyweek though I think it will hold at these current levels but beware CBS has no problem canning shows especially since the Nationwide TV ratings slide has left them mostly unaffected.

CW's best night got even better with both shows above average for last night, ah if only every night was like this hey CW and FOX was well CRAP.

One last thing who else thinks the perfect midseason line up for ABC goes like this...

Wednesday
    ??/LOST/Life on Mars (In a perfect world I would pickup BL and go LOST/LoM/BL)

Thursday
    Ugly Betty/Greys/Private Practice

Last edited: Nov 7, 2008
  3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

CBS Isn't going to pull Eleventh Hour if it's consistenly beating everything. It's the 17th highest rated show this season.

4. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I said if the drop continues and goes below 10 million and stays there, which is also drag the demo to probably LoM current standards or lower then CBS will do what CBS always does. They want perfection they can afford to axe shows to replace them simply because only a small amount fail.

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Thank god... 30 Rock finally finds success!!!

6. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Total numbers count, but ER's win in the 18-49 demo does help. Not enough, or they'd consider renewing the show and they aren't. The improved lead in from Grey's Anatomy is apparently helping bring some new viewers to Life on Mars. Perhaps it will keep the new viewers better than it did the original audience. What ABC and CBS keep both shows, hoping they'll be established shows that suck up ER's audience next year?

7. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

ER's not doing badly on the renew/cancel index. A new show on NBC with those demos would be a new "hit" (they call My Own Worst Enemy a "hit show" in their ads, yeesh.) But NBC can't cling to the past by dragging shows out so long past the time when they are creatively dead. It makes them look pathetic and desperate, which they are, but they should try not to look it. :rommie:

Eleventh Hour
    is also doing fine for CBS. It's coasting on the coattails of its lead-in with an audience composed of codgers too lazy or comatose to change the channel, but what do you expect on CBS?

Life on Mars
    is notable because its audience figures are improving. That hardly ever happens anymore. And it's a good thing because it's in the danger zone (should survive, tho).

8. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

LoM is nearly up from a million from its series low 2 weeks ago, which is great and some people actually has last night demo at 3.0 so hope the trend continues am becoming fond of the show.

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Just read this and and all we need is same for Lipstick Jungle and it proves NBC have gone totally loopy...

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Desperate or what.

10. witchie

witchie Commodore Commodore

As a fan of Life, I am thrilled, but this is just a stop gap measure. They'll cancel it after this season.

11. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

More news and good for a change...Looks like ABC reads my comments after all :lol:

If true that means Private Practice will be moved maybe to 8pm to replace PD though one would hope Thursdays at 10pm with Greys so Life on Mars could move to partner LOST.

Hey ABC I said give me a job not knick my ideas :p