Q vs. Everyone Else in the Universe

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Captain McBain, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I figure the Douwd powers are nearly comparable to a Q's, since thinking a species out of existence is about as mighty as it gets. However, I imagine Douwd powers though powerful are limited to linear time, or Uxbridge could have just interfered in the time line, the way a Q can, & fixed the problem before it happened

2. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

The Krenim erase Q from the timeline.

Meanwhile, en route to Farpoint Station, Guinan has a feeling that something big has changed in the universe (like how she shouldn't even be on the Enterprise yet) but doesn't deem it important enough to tell Picard.

3. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

I never thought I'd see the day that I cited TNG: Hide and Q for anything, but today's the day (May The Fourth Be With You). From http://www.chakoteya.net/NextGen/111.htm:

Therefore, how well Q does might depend on when the contest takes place.

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given they Krenim seem oddly vulnerable to temporal shielding even a small, beat up Federation ship can come up with on their own, I somehow doubt a man who can manipulate space and time by snapping his finger will be effected by their temporal weapon.

5. Elias Vaughn

Elias Vaughn Captain Captain

He could travel through time well enough, but manipulate it? I don't recall ever seeing that. He never snapped his fingers and altered history.

And if it's Q vs EVERYONE else, then I would think he'd be plenty distracted enough to miss one temporal blast that he probably underestimates.

Not that my suggestion was entirely serious in the first place.

6. Captain McBain

Captain McBain Captain Captain

Those TOS creatures were obviously not omnipotent, just powerful to differing degrees.

7. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The same answer these kinds of questions always geet. Batman, provided he has time to prepare.