The Dark Knight Rises Anticipation Station

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Another photo from today's filming by someone. I just like the way it looked.

[​IMG]

2. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

You think they're gonna magic away some of the more obvious Steelers elements on the scoreboard? Cuz if they leave the Heinz Field logo, the Ketchup bottles, and the UPMC ad I'm gonna be wondering why the Rogues are playing an away game... :lol:

3. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I'm sure they'll use digital wizardry for that sort of stuff.

4. Frontier

Frontier Vice Admiral Admiral

Uh-oh! Hitler just found out about the title being "The Dark Knight Rises" and he's not happy!

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS0u_uY-mSk[/yt]

:guffaw:

5. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Hitler seems to be not happy about a lot of things these days...

6. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

7. Warped9

Warped9 Admiral Admiral

Frank Miller's take had Selina Kyle initially being a hooker. Seeing as the films do have to appeal to a general audience I can see them softening that to her initially being a stripper. In comics and TV and film there have been a number of occasions were someone takes off with one of Batman's toys so Catwoman taking a batpod for a spin isn't farfetched. And I do strongly suspect her outfit will look more complete and recognizable at some point in the film.

So far most of what I'm hearing about this film has me juiced. In counterpoint I'm wary about Man Of Steel and cynical about The Amazing Spiderman.

8. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

9. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Difficult to make out what he's saying, but it sounds like that fake voice they used in Ferris Beuler's Day Off to get that one girl out of school and to get the table at the fancy restaurant.

10. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

I am curious why so many people waste so much time on hunting spoilers. Can't people just wait for the movie? Instead they camp at the movie sets, photograph and record each and every step of the actors. they steal the script, read and review it. They illegally download unreleased trailers. And then in the end they are mostly disappointed by the end product because they already knew everything three months beforehand. Why?

11. Samurai8472

I guess it's partially its because they want to feel involved in the movie making process.

"I was there on that day! You can see my hand in the upper right hand corner!

The football field scene's biggest problem is people are allowed to bring in cellphones and cameras.

12. Admiral_Young

Spoilers increase my own personal excitement of the movie. I understand that other people want to be surprised and get an enjoyment from that, I choose to handle my excitement in another way.

Yeah I read that Batman News article and got excited that would be used in Selina's backstory. It makes sense since we know they've pretty much used "Batman: Year One" along with "The Long Halloween" and "Dark Victory" as source material. One can assume they've used more source material for Bane. The Ra's/Bane/Talia story that has been mentioned many times in this thread, probably bits and pieces of Knightfall, and even perhaps the Gotham Earthquake story as well.

13. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

I feel slightly less uber-spoiled now that some of the things covered in this thread have also appeared in an article in my local newspaper, complete with photo of Selina stunt-double on Batpod.

Because I'm not going to hate myself for reading the paper. It's just what I do.

14. Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man Commodore

Or John Stewart doing his stuffy british guy voice. It sounds a bit odd for Bane.

15. Admiral_Young

Considering that it is more than just "Bannnnnnnnneeeeeee!!!!" I'm pleased. I trust that they will fix it up in ADR or whatever during editing and post production.

16. Samurai8472

17. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

I love it when actors do this.

18. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aww Bane giving out iPads and cars like he's Oprah. How sweet.

19. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

"Oprrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!"

20. Sketcher

Sketcher Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Is anyone else bothered by the seemingly low amount of security this film has? Weren't the last two more closed off to the public? I don't know if it's intentional on Nolan's part, or just lazy?