Wiped Episode Discoveries

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by Allyn Gibson, Jun 13, 2013.

1. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

So basically it's like that scene in Listen, if we all just turn our backs and close our eyes, Phillip Morris will remove the bed sheet over his head and hand over The Macra Terror?

2. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

The irony of Spilsbury's comments is that it's widely believed that he's the person who blabbed widely two years ago about what Morris may have found. Asking people to walk away from a monster he accidentally created is amusing. :)

3. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought that it was Nick Briggs?

4. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I've heard both names connected with the spread of the initial rumors. Maybe they're both Patient Zero? :)

What I'd heard of Spilsbury specifically was that he started blasting out texts about what Morris had.

5. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

TBH, I think if Morris had those episodes, he'd have done a "so now I'm keeping/burning them, bwahahaha" post already. He's reached that level of crazy.

6. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

He's snapped or something. If I were the BBC and I thought he truly had BBC owned material, at this point I'd ask the authorities to send in a SWAT team or something! (That might sound extreme but these could be missing episodes of Doctor Who! ;) )

But, I doubt he has anything though. The emails that were released awhile back made it sound like he always had leads but usually nothing panned out.

Mr Awe

7. Emperor-Tiberius

Emperor-Tiberius Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think he'd do that. He probably still wants his glory as the guy who found most of the missing eps. Plus, burning them would mean nothing for him, too.

He's an opportunist. Simple as that.

8. Mr Awe

Mr Awe Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Nah, he's also bonkers!

9. inflatabledalek

inflatabledalek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Whilst I think it's unlikely that was the case as well, equally if Eccles' one condition was Ahearne direct and then it turned out Ahearne didn't want to do it/wasn't available then there's basically nothing the Moff could have done really is there?

Something that tends to get a bit lost amidst all the discussion about the departure of the lead man is how conspicuous the absence of Ahearne is after the first year of the revival. He episodes were well received, no one seems to have a bad word to say about him and he surely can't have been fully booked everytime they've been filming in the last decade but he's not been seen since. Not to suggest any sort of conspiracy- it could just be as simple as him not being interested in directing any more Who- but equally it's highly unlikely they'd have gotten him for the 50th even if Eccleston
    would really have only done it if he'd been there.

Plus, giving one of your guest leads that sort of power is probably a bad idea, what if the others start making similar demands? What would they have done if Tennant had then said "Well in that case I'll only do it if Euos Lyn directs"?

10. Candlelight

Candlelight Admiral Admiral

It's a PRIVATE group on a public forum. Granted social network has always presented itself in the opposite of privacy but the group was private for a reason.

11. Lonemagpie

"Some men just want to watch the world burn..."

12. Candlelight

THIS.

It's always JUST been leads.

There has never been any episodes found beyond the nine last year.

He has ALWAYS been on the hunt.

13. Candlelight

Oh and as of nine hours ago Philip Morris has come out and said he's limiting his exposure to social media following the DWM article.

14. Lonemagpie

You mean the booze in his cupboard has run out and he's sobering up with a hangover?

15. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does that go for all his Sock Puppet accounts too?

16. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

Glad someone else posted that for me.

17. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

As I understand, Ahearne didn't enjoy the experience of being on Doctor Who and found his time with the show was having a negative effect on his personal life and chose not to come back. So yeah, even if this were a serious request from Eccleston, it's unlikely he'd have gotten his wish anyway. Unless Ahearne likes working with Eccleston as much as Eccleston likes working with him.

18. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

And had it be the case, they could have worked on anything else together, i.e. not something they don't enjoy that much, like Doctor Who.

19. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Again ?

There's something very VERY weird about Who fandom. I'm only on the far periphery of it, but people I know describe a long history of factional bickering, one upmanship, poor behaviour, betrayal, backstabbing and outright unreasoning, unremitting hatred.

I relise Who has been going for so long things have had plenty of time to fragment and become acrimonious, but for crying out loud, it's a bloody T.V. show...

20. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe it is time for another Doctor in Distress record type campaign.....Wiped Episodes in Distress.
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnTSbFeWwro[/yt]

No, best just to let him burn them. lol