What Trek is in your DVD/Blu ray collection?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by I am not Spock, May 24, 2013.

1. I am not Spock

I am not Spock Commodore Commodore

I double dipped on a few of them. I rebought all the movies on Blu ray (except for Final Frontier, Insurrection, and Nemesis. I might get them at some point, but I don't know if I need to pay for them again. I'm one of those fans that needs to have everything)
    I have:

TOS Remastered (DVD) all seasons
    TAS The Complete series (DVD)
    TNG (DVD) all seasons
    TNG (Blu ray) season 3
    TNG The Best of Both Worlds (Blu ray)
    DS9 (DVD) all seasons
    VOY (DVD) all seasons
    ENT (DVD) all seasons
    Fan Collective: Borg (DVD)
    Fan Collective: Klingon (DVD)
    Fan Collective: Time Travel (DVD)
    TMP Directors Cut (DVD)
    TMP (Blu ray)
    TWOK (DVD)
    TWOK (Blu ray)
    TSFS (DVD)
    TSFS (Blu ray)
    TVH (DVD)
    TVH (Blu ray)
    TFF (DVD)
    TUC (DVD)
    TUC (Blu ray)
    GEN (DVD)
    GEN (Blu ray)
    FC (DVD)
    FC (Blu ray)
    INS (DVD)
    NEM (DVD)
    ST 09 (DVD)
    ST 09 (Blu ray)

That's all of Trek so far. I am not sure I need to go rebuy any more. TOS in HD is tempting, though. I might just get the blu rays if it's a big enough improvement. The blu ray of TNG really does make the show more enjoyable. I've really been enjoying my season three boxset on Blu.

2. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have everything on DVD. All seasons of all shows, all eleven movies. Although with TOS I only have the original versions, not the remastered ones.

For blu-ray, I just have the TNG sampler disc that was released winter 2012.

3. JohnChod

JohnChod Captain Captain

TAS - DVD

DS9 - all seasons, DVD

All movies - I-XI: DVD (2 disk editions)
    (Also have movies I-IX on VHS!)

I'll probably get TOS on BD at some point, but I'm not in a hurry as I have such a backlog of DVDs and BDs to watch. I'd probably pick up TNG on DVD if it gets down to a price mark of about $20 per season. No interest in VOY or ENT.

4. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Most everything released on DVD, everything released on Blu-ray except Enterprise.

5. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I have all of TOS and all of the movies on DVD, along with selected episodes of the later series, mostly on VHS.

Haven't made the jump to Blu-Ray yet.

6. BillJ

Old school! :techman:

7. Mysterion

Mysterion Vice Admiral Admiral

TOS - 1-3 - non-re-mastered.
    TAS
    DSN 1-7
    ENT 1-4
    All the movies (so far)
    Trekkies 1 and 2
    Free Enterprise
    The Captains

(all on DVD, no Blu-Ray yet)

8. I am not Spock

I also still have a few episodes and movies on VHS! My copy of Generations on VHS is worn out. I watched it constantly as a kid. I guess that means I have three copies each, of Generations and First Contact (VHS, DVD, Blu ray)! I remember it took ages for tapes to come out on 'sell through' release back then. FC came out on home video well over a year after it had been in theatres, in the UK where I was living at the time.

I also have a few episodes I taped off TV on VHS too. All collecting dust at the back of the closet now! Thank god for optical media!

9. CaptPapa

CaptPapa Commander Red Shirt

I have TOS and TAS on DVD, along with the first 6 movies and #11.

I don't have the remastered versions yet, and I'm a bit reluctant to rebuy them for a 4th time. I've had them on VHS and laser disc too. Netflix is making that easier for now.

Maybe I'm waiting to see what version comes along for the 50th anniversary . . . :rolleyes:

10. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Everything on DVD so far.

For Into Darkness, I'll probably get the Blu Ray

11. The Laughing Vulcan

The Laughing Vulcan Admiral Admiral

Have TOS, DS9, VOY on VHS, TNG on DVD, Movies 1-9 and JJTrek 1 on DVD. Also movies 1-9 on VHS, including the theatrical version of 1. Ooh, and I double dipped on TWOK on DVD for the special edition, then learned that Meyers had killed it with his director's cut, so I never watched it again.

12. BillJ

I've already got Star Trek Into Darkness pre-ordered on Blu-ray through Amazon. :lol:

13. Forbin

Forbin Admiral Admiral

TOS DVDs, purchased in the original 2-episode per disk format sold one disk at a time.

TOS Blu-Ray. Hated to rebuy it after spendng, what, $600 for the DVDs. But I had to do it. Thankfully it wasn't TOO expensive.

TAS DVD set.

TNG DVD set. Definitely NOT worth rebuying on Blu Ray to me.

Best of Both Worlds blu-Ray. What the hell. :) Oh - I also have it on laserdisc!

DS9 - buying it one season at a time and rewatching. Up to S6 now.

That's it. I have no interest in V'Ger or Boobyprise on disk.

I also have all of New Voyages/Phase II burned to DVD.

14. LOKAI of CHERON

LOKAI of CHERON Commodore Commodore

TOS - Complete series purchased on VHS, LaserDisc, DVD (multiple releases), Blu-ray. EDIT: almost forgot, season 1 on HD DVD!

TAS - Complete series purchased on VHS, LaserDisc, DVD

TNG - Complete series purchased on VHS, LaserDisc, DVD, all currently released/pending Blu-ray's.

DS9 - Complete series purchased on VHS, DVD, season 1 on LaserDisc

VOY - Complete series purchased on VHS, DVD

ENT - Complete series purchased on DVD, season 1 on VHS, all currently released/pending Blu-ray's

FILMS - Purchased multiple times on VHS, DVD, LaserDisc, Blu-ray. Stopped buying VHS after TFF, as LaserDisc, DVD and Blu-ray became available for subsequent movies.

15. Ovation

Ovation Admiral Admiral

The first ten films--DVD (second release special editions). (Will be getting them in the two Blu-ray boxes--accidentally came across my Father's Day gift while doing some spring cleaning--oops).

Trek 09--Blu-ray

TOS--S1 HD DVD/DVD combo (in this version, the HD is with the new effects, the DVDs have the original effects--can't toggle like on the Blu-ray), S2-3 on Blu-ray

TOS--Errand of Mercy on VHS; bought it many years ago to use in a class as an example of pop culture reflecting contemporary concerns.

I've seen every episode of every Trek series, but I've not felt compelled to buy them all. Guess I should turn in my fan credentials. :lol:

16. beamMe

beamMe Commodore

Star Trek (2009) on BluRay - the rest just vanished once I ripped opened the cellophane around the box.

17. BillJ

You sure J.J. Abrams didn't sneak into your house and steal them? :rofl:

18. I am not Spock

Wow, you win, sir!

I thought I was crazy, owning all series and movies including TAS, on various formats! :lol: I am not sure I want to rebuy everything all over again on Bluray. I double dipped on the movies, and have got some of TNG again on Blu.

19. StolenThunder

StolenThunder Poster Premium Member

I have everything in its 'base version' on DVD, but no remastered or Blu-ray. I think when it's all out on Blu-ray and cheap again I'll probably upgrade - though does that obligate you into the new effects? I'd rather watch TOS without.

20. BillJ

TOS has both available via seamless branching. :techman: