star trek 3 without jjabrams

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by tmosler, Jan 25, 2013.

1. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

By know youve probly heard that jj abrams has went agienst what he said befoure about not directing the new star wars movie out of loyalty to trek.
    So do to abrams directing the new star wars movie theres a big chance he will not direct the 3rd star trek movie. So i was just wondering what people here think about him not being in the 3rd star trek movie i think its good news because now paromunt might actually get a director who likes star trek to fill his spot.

2. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Abrams will probably direct the third Star Trek movie - I certainly hope that he does - but if not he'll remain as executive producer, closely supervising the making of the film. It will be made to his taste; Paramount is completely supportive of his take on Star Trek because it's succeeding.

3. Bry_Sinclair

Bry_Sinclair Vice Admiral Admiral

So does this mean that in the new Star Wars films when one of the Light Side characters appears on screen they'll be accompanied with blinding lense flares?

4. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

If Abrams isnt available and willing, Paramount will get another director, sure, but they could very well get one who likes Star Trek less (if by which you mean having a slavish devotion to canon or any individual's personal definition of what Star Trek is.)

Do you think all directors are in love with the subject matter before they make a movie, vs wanting to put their own stamp on it? But the bigger factor is the narrow range of what is considered acceptable anymore in a summer tentpole movie. Many of the complaints I've seen about Abrams' Star Trek movies are actually complaints about how movies are now, in general, and any director is going to be subject to those same constraints.

5. The Mirrorball Man

The Mirrorball Man Vice Admiral Admiral

Those lens flares jokes haven't lost their edge.

6. Ronald Held

Ronald Held Vice Admiral Admiral

Maybe a different director would help a little? Or after the 3d movie he will bail to make more SW movies?

7. YARN

YARN Fleet Captain

Neither have those lens flares in the 09 film.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

Would that be wise? It might startle the audience, after all, and after the prequels I'm not sure Star Wars fans can accustom themselves to any excitement.

9. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
  10. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

I hope JJ Abrams doesn't do another Star Trek, I have no clue how they plan on him doing a Star Wars movie in two years. Took his time making the second of his Star Trek movies after delaying and delaying and waiting until the last possible minute. I'd fire him and have a new Star Trek movie come out in 2015 too, have a new battle.

11. Admiral Buzzkill

Yeah, so Star Wars can bury Star Trek. That's not a battle, that's a massacre.

No, thank you.

I hope Abrams does do another Star Trek. He's going to be in charge of it, whether he directs or not.

12. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Easy. The script for Episode 7 is being written right now from a George Lucas treatment. Abrams had to start from stratch with STiD so it's a different situation.

13. Mirror Sulu

Mirror Sulu Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

With all that blinding lens flare, the Stormtroopers will never be able to shoot anything.

14. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not like they ever could before.

Though anyone wonder if Berman and Braga are just hopefully waiting for their phones to ring? :p

15. Admiral Buzzkill

16. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

People involved with Star Trek have already come out and said that JJ Abrams can do both.

And I don't think Star Wars will kill Star Trek as much s people here think. The prequels left a bad taste in people's mouth and Star Trek is somewhat popular, we will see how popular come May.

17. Dix

Dix Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The poll results at the trekmovie site indicate that over 60% don't want Abrams to direct a third movie. I have to agree with that majority. It would be best if he left.

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

A bunch of Trek nerds luckily are not in charge of the new films.

19. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Why would they want that? Are they afraid that there would be three successful Trek films in a row?

20. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

I thought Star Trek III did pretty well without Abrams.
    :vulcan: