Kate Mulgrew's Memoir "Born with Teeth".

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by JanewayRulz!, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Beawild

Beawild Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I agree with Catarina. Kate looks great in that photo. The book seems to be doing well, #14 in the NYT best seller list is nothing to sniff at. The Toronto book signing looks to have been packed going by the pics. All in all, it appears that the book is a success. I'm glad for Kate.

Thanks for the links, JanewayRulz. :)

2. Catarina

Catarina Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

LOL, I just showed my five year old the photo.

"Woah, She's a nana Janeway now. When did that happen?" He doesn't grasp yet that the show's fiction and taped 20 years ago.

3. Beawild

You know, your son has a point. Is Kate a "nana"? Does she have grandchildren? I never thought about it. :confused:

4. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

^^I don't think so, since we've never heard her talk about grandchildren and I suspect if she had any we'd never hear her STOP talking about them. ;)

5. Beawild

You're probably right, Kate would have mentioned them if she had grandkids. Although, all her kids are in their 30s. I would think that at least one of them may be married and have children. I was thinking mostly of Ian. Alec has appeared at conventions and I've seen interviews with him talking about his art. Since the book release we have seen enough of Danielle to know that she's a yoga instructor, the regional manager of a yoga institute and that she lives in Seattle. I think that if Alec and Danielle had children we would have seen them around. :)

6. Catarina

I'm assuming no. I know Alec and Danielle do not. And if Ian had, I imagine there'd be some bragging :-)

7. JanewayRulz!

I know I've posted the audio portion some where above, but this has video and watching Kate respond is half the fun.

A trailer for the audiobook.

Extra points for anyone who can find Beawild in the crowd.

(did I remember correctly?)

If you just want to listen to Mulgrew, click on the link below.

Begins at 24:16

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  8. Catarina

I can testify the audio book is amazzzzing. Worth paying for if you don't qualify for a free trial.

9. Beawild

A. There's one chapter where she talks about Voyager.
    B. She doesn't mention any disagreements with Ryan.

10. JanewayRulz!

And for any OitNB fans, be aware...

C. It ends during the summer (?) taping of season 5 of Voyager.

11. Janeway7trulv

Janeway7trulv Commander Red Shirt

Im glad i didnt buy her book :)... Seriously though , it is a Smart move she didnt mention Ryan:techman: . I hope she will continue on that root in her next book and just deal with what Voyager has brought to her personally rather than the tittle tattle of the Mulgrew/Ryan Feud .

Given what Ryan spoke about her and their experience on set with such a enormous disrespect . I am still shock on how much hate and resentment that dripped like a dirty sower from Ryans mouth :(. Mulgrew will do herself a grave disservice by giving her anymore airtime than the girl has received throughout her entire run of Voyager.:wtf:

As much as i would love to read a chapter or two about Ryan, I feel the very core of it will be filled with disdain and just be a constant reminder to the readers that share nastiness bitter rivalry that still exists.

12. Beawild

The book is a memoir. It's not so much about her acting career per se, but more about the things that were going on in her life while pursuing that career. Any dispute that she may have had with Ryan over 15 years ago is probably irrelevant to her at this point in her life. ;)

13. Catarina

Right. She said it wasn't an exposé and anyone who didn't "add to my pulse." Were not mentioned (also anyone she might be protecting. again, not an exposure piece. That's probably what sets her apart from others. Because really it's heresay who said what and I think it could cheapen a piece.

14. Janeway7trulv

Oh she said that did she..:lol:. Aw Mulgrew never changes does she. Still trying hard to push those Ryan/Mulgrew speculations away;). Stop trying to hard - we get it... I certainly get it alright ;-)

I guess with Ryan's "Knife in the back and twist the darn thing- admission" , she got what she wanted huh;)

What was Shatners first book like ? Did anyone read it?..I heard apparently he is going to write one about his devoted friendship with Nimoy

15. Catarina

She did. YouTube her born with teeth interview snippets with "Totally Kate" web mistress.

I have not read Shatner's book.

16. Janeway7trulv

You Know Ryan fits in the
    category
    rather than the
    category don't ya ;):lol:

17. Catarina

Wow...leave it to you. you just reminded me how things can be seen from other angles.

18. Beawild

No, she doesn't. Why should Mulgrew give a fig about rehashing ancient history? Jeri Ryan is just a former coworker with whom she didn't get along. Why would Ryan even cross her mind when writing her memoir? Kate said that the people she protected in her book were her daughter and her adoptive parents. Real life issues, not acting life. You seem to want to twist everything into a non-existent relationship between Ryan and Mulgrew. They worked together on a TV show that hasn't been on the air since 2001. They both have moved on to other things. :rolleyes:

19. Catarina

Exactly

20. Janeway7trulv

Oh i have huh?..Oh im such a tease..Bite me ;):lol::lol::lol::lol:..

Last edited: May 12, 2015