My GF Just Met Neil Gaiman, Peter David & Julianne Moore!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Mr Light, May 30, 2009.

1. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Man I wish I could have gone to this thing. My GF is a librarian and just got back from some Book Expo in Manhattan. She knew before that Julianne Moore would be there signing her new children book, but not that Neil Gaiman and Peter David would be there!

Apparently the line to see Gaiman was huuuuuuuge. She got a signature from Peter David, just as he was complaining to someone that he didn't come here to sign other people's things (he signed her copy of "Marvel 70th Anniversary Celebration) :D

I guess this isn't open to the general public, only people in the "biz". I don't suppose anyone else here attended this?

2. miraclefan

miraclefan Commodore Commodore

I'm SOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS! I'd do ALMOST anything to meet Gaimen! (and have him sign my Miracleman comics):techman:

3. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I met Peter David a couple years back. He was very nice.

4. Misfit Toy

Misfit Toy Caped Trek Mod Admiral

I met PAD and Gaiman at HeroesCon in Charlotte a few years ago. Both were wonderful.

5. Tomato

Tomato Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Geekgasm.

To be honest I never knew Gaimen was so popular. He has like 0.4M people following his twitter.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Is that a good number or a bad number? I have no idea how Twitter works.

7. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

My friend is going and he promised to get me some cool stuff. I met Peter David back in 2007 and he was a great guy.

8. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

I love it when actors/writers/whatever go to a signing event, then sit there and complain about it.

I once heard Jennifer Lien ask a convention staffer, "Do I have to talk to these people?" :wtf:

If PAD doesn't want to sign other peoples' stuff, he could do like Henry Winkler does to ensure he only signs what he wants. The last event I saw Winkler at, you had to pay some amount for his signature, and he would only sign his book, which his people were selling right there. So the total was something like $85. I passed on that one, lol.

9. Tomato

Tomato Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Great number. CNN and Ashton Kutcher have slightly over a million which is two of the accounts which have the greatest followers.

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Why the hell does Ashton Kutcher have the top account? When was the last time he was in a movie?

11. Brian

Brian Vice Admiral Admiral

He promoted the hell out of it, and people jumped onboard to help him be the first to reach a million. Plus, he tweeted pics of his wife's underwear-clad ass and stuff.