Revolution Season 2 - spoilers

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by DarthTom, Sep 23, 2013.

1. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last night's episode had a series of flashbacks. It's possible they will continue to show us how things unfolded - we can only hope.

I think Rachel, Miles and the group quickly realized that society as it existed at that moment - a series of autocracies ruled by a bunch of megalomaniaces - wasn't ready to handle having the power turned on wholesale for everyone.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2013
  2. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree, poor lazy writing that seems to happen a lot now a days. Its lets have this big thing happen at the end of the season and have no pay off of the immediate fallout next season. Just like was pulled on Supernatural at end of season 7 and beginning of season 8.

Again one of the coolest things about last season is finally we have electric back, how to see how the world handles having it back on and seeing how everyone deals with the rebuilding etc.
    Way to screw that good story.

That just kills the hype of the new season and the flow of it. Didn't like it last year on Supernatural either.

If so then they are stupid. You just had 2 major cities get nuked, you think a little thing like surrounding areas having electric would be a good thing.

And the fact the dead can now come back to life, I mean please, talk about taken a great thing from last season and totally changing the show.
    I give it one more episode but not liking the direction.

3. Lyon_Wonder

Lyon_Wonder Captain Captain

The Patriots are already setting up shop at the White House in Washington DC, which is 130 miles southwest from the radiation-laden, nuclear fall-out zone Philly.

4. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm confused, our characters chose to shut off the power AFTER the nukes hit? Why didn't they shut it off BEFORE the nukes hit? Or did it take them awhile to figure out how to do it?

5. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Did you watch the episode?

6. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought it was a great new start.
    As for for the time jump, after the premier I'm pretty sure we'll be getting flashbacks to the 6 month gap instead of the time before the blackout.
    In pretty much all of the interviews I read and watched before the season they were pretty open about The Patriots, the group claiming to be the US Government, being the new big bad.

7. ThunderAeroI

ThunderAeroI Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have no problems with the nanites bring aaron back to life. We already know they heal people, and of all the people who they could save he earned it. Plus they use his code. Maybe they love him.

8. ThunderAeroI

At this point in the show, even the REAL us government would be the new big bad. They could totally have a legitimate claim to the country and still be the big bad.

9. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Which makes be wonder if they are going to make the nanites sentient somehow? Maybe the reasoning would be that there are so many (quadrillions) of them that they collectively are developing a sentient consciousness. So we may see weird shit like the healing of Aaron and power to come on in wierd places etc..

10. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm sure it just happened because he was wearing a pendant all that time... was he wearing it at the time of his death?

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I think he put it in a drawer or something after he was looking at it.

12. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

While Revolution isn't a ratings blockbuster like the Walking Dead, NBC cannot be comletely unhappy with this past Wednesday's take:

TV by the Numbers

13. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Did you watch the episode? It was pretty clear they tried to turn the power off before the nukes hit and it took too long. The only question is if they could turn the power back on again or if their quick shut off eliminated any chance to bring the power back later.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Personally, I'm hoping they just blew up the tower, so we don't have to worry about any more turn the power on/off stuff and can just focus on the other elements of the show.

15. Marten

Marten Captain Captain

So our heroes wanted to turn on the lights, did so, and millions of people died. They realized they were wrong, and turned them off again. Sort of an expensive epiphany.

16. AviTrek

AviTrek Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

No, they wanted to turn on the lights. Did. Realized they were being tricked and were used to try and kill millions. Tried to stop the murder, but failed. I don't know why this is hard for people to understand.

17. ThunderAeroI

Well. I watched it. DId anyone else?

18. FreezeC77

FreezeC77 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Miles got both his hands/fingers broke didn't he? That would seem a significant injury in a world without power and lack of advanced medical supplies especially to someone who is a swordfighter. So unless there's a time jump, I'm guessing Aaron will gain the ability to manipulate the nanites consciously and heal Miles.

Looking forward to technowizard Aaron so if it doesn't actually happen I'll be bummed.

19. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Think it was just Miles' right hand.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this was good episode. Pretty much all of the stories moved forward in interesting directions.
    I wonder what caused the computers to crash and then go boom in the Tower? I'm pretty sure there had to be someone or something behind that.
    I'm wonder if Neville actually killed the ex-Rebel or just pretended to so he could get close to Allenford?