Buffy & Angel comics

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Plain Simple, Aug 22, 2012.

1. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

He popped up in the Angel: After the Fall comics.

2. Plain Simple

Plain Simple Commodore Commodore

From some comments in the season 9 comics, it seems the writers themselves also acknowledge that Angel's motivations were rather muddy. Something about how he was planning to take everyone with him to the Twilight Zone, but Buffy didn't let him finish his sentence or some such...

Btw, is there a way to get the Free Comic Book story "In space no one can hear you slay" somewhere for free? Or does that only work on the day itself?

3. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Which is a load of bullshit (that Buffy didn't let him finish), since we know that Buffy let him talk and he had all the time to say all those stuff, but he didn't. It just makes Angel look like a liar. Maybe he's also lying to himself. But it's an incredibly annoying scene. "Oh, that's sexist. And funny. And true." :vulcan: Are the writers trolling us? Surely Gage can't be expecting us to forget what actually happened in 8.35 - we can easily look it up in the actual issue.

However, he said a few issues before (the Harmony issue, #5) that he was actually planning to take just the "worthy", "good" people - which actually makes him look even worse. Playing good and making decisions who deserves to live, and apparently still thinking it was a good idea.

4. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

People seem to be getting all fired up in the angry way over some comic, that may or may not be from 'dark stallion' or whatever the company name is....

I have no idea what they're onabout, I mean, real comics dont go on about androids thinking they're pregnant and talking about abortions. Maybe it was in one of those comic fanzines or something?

And I heard about one supposed comic about xander staying with a vampire for a year. Obviously it was just fanfiction written by a 13 year old girl, I mean, seriously, that sounds like the basis of a slash mpreg fic that rational people try to avoid. I mean, I'd love a BtVS Comic series exploring a Season 8 and 9 and so on, but there isn't one.

I mean, come on, all these rumours about 'a gay male slayer' who goes the batman route, sorry but that's just fanfiction. bad fanfiction at that, as it sounds like the prelude to a xander slash mpreg fic... oh just like that vampire one.

/sarcasm

M

5. Plain Simple

Plain Simple Commodore Commodore

Yes, Angel's motivations in season 8 are a mess. To me it looks like the writers realized after the fact that they didn't explain things well in s8 and now try to retcon in an explanation after the fact which doesn't really fit with what was published before.

So as far as I can make out now, according to the 'new' retconned version, the idea is the following: Twilight was going to the happen, with or without Angel's interference. But by being the big bad and focussing all Buffy's attention onto him, somehow Angel thought he would become in charge of the Twilight zone to enough of an extent to start taking people from our universe to the zone? If not, everyone would just die together with our universe during child birth?

Okay, so I guess you don't like it (but apparently not enough to not stay informed). I agree that not everything worked out, but overall I'm enjoying the comics. It's not like the tv series didn't have any clunkers.

Not sure what the gay male slayer reference is about. The Siphon?

6. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The storyline of the upcoming arc called "Billy the Vampire Slayer" that's been hyped through interviews with Jane Espenson and Drew Greenberg, who are writing the arc. He's not an actual Slayer, just a 'badass normal' ordinary boy who looks up to the Slayers and slays vampires, he's got no superstrength.
    So, this is a proper spoiler even for those who are up to date with the comics, but it's DH themselves who are spoiling it.

7. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

^ As they always do. ie, Twilight is Angel. "oops we made a mistake putting the wrong cover out." Yeah bullshit, it was nothing to do with pushing sales at all was it?