‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Bixby/Ferrigno had tv movies, so technically there have been four live action Hulks.:lol:

2. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Or would that be one live action Hulk, and three CGI Hulks?

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Right, and Trial of the Incredible Hulk featured the world's first Stan Lee Marvel Movie Cameo, so that means it officially counts!

And yes, there's only been one live-action Hulk. There have been four live-action Banners (well, one David Banner and three Bruce Banners).

Plus in animation we have Paul Soles, Michael Bell, Ron Perlman, Neal McDonough, Michael Massee, Andrew Kavadas, Ken Kramer, and Gabriel Mann as Bruce Banner and Max Ferguson, Peter Cullen, Bob Holt, Perlman, Lou Ferrigno, Mark Gibbon, Rick D. Wasserman, Travis Willingham, and Fred Tatasciore (in about six different continuities at this point) as the Hulk. And that's not even counting video games.

4. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Pedantry.... makes... head... want to explode......

5. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Not pedantry, just compulsiveness. Pedantry implies it's directed at others. I just like making lists, and I hate leaving things out.

6. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

We've noticed. ;)

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I wasn't a fan of Norton or that Hulk movie, but I have to admit I was kinda bummed to hear he wouldn't be in Avengers.

9. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

The internet is so often very wrong about which actor is right for what role.

10. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As to the casting there's only so much to be said. In the end, for lots of people it's about who they want to have sex with or who they want to grow up to be. These are touchy topics.

That said, I don't know why Bruce Wayne would need to be on screen.

If there's a script, that's the primary origin of the movie. Man of Steel had some pretty basic flaws, but it gave us an interesting Lois Lane we could believe an alien would also be interested in. If the sequel manages to repeat that, it won't be a complete disaster.

And that said, we do know that any fight between Superman and Batman is doomed to have no significant cause and even less significant effect. Heroes duking it out is so common precisely because it doesn't matter. This is not a good starting point.

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

12. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Is anyone else getting the feeling that maybe Warner Bros. was expecting a very different reaction to Affleck's casting, given his recent successes?

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

There were quite a few boos at the convention where The Avengers assembled when Ruffalo was announced.

But let's be honest here, they could've cast Pee Wee Herman as Banner and the box office would've been the same.

Not a real story. That's some hack trying to connect two unrelated events.

14. The Nth Doctor

The Nth Doctor Infinite Possibilities... Premium Member

That's awesome. Well spoken, Mat Damon. :lol:

I was mostly upset because I thought Norton's performance in The Incredible Hulk was very good and in the vein of Bixby's performance, and I wanted to see more of it in The Avengers. I even agree with what he said about the film and his creative input, just not the way he acted afterwards. Alas.

In retrospect, ironically, I wish Mark Ruffalo was in The Incredible Hulk. :lol:

15. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

Poor Ruffalo!

Ben Affleck better not show his face at Comic Con for the next few years!:guffaw:

16. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

17. JoeZhang

JoeZhang Vice Admiral Admiral

Internet blowhards were *always* going to shit the bed, don't confuse that with the reaction of normal people.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I wasn't happy about Ruffalo because I don't like recasting in general. He was great in The Avengers and I agree with Emh about wishing he was the original choice in place of Norton, but that's beside the point.

19. Chrono85

Chrono85 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Yeah, I find that recast roles are very jarring to me as a viewer. The only exceptions are Doctor Who, and a recast where the actor is playing a much older or younger version of the character, like Obi-Wan Kenobi from the Star Wars prequels. I just hop that they do not recast someone like Tony Stark....

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

That will happen when RDJ eventually decides to stop playing Stark. They'll also recast the entire Iron Man supporting cast along with him.