The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Just keeps getting better and better, man. :lol:

2. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Thanks. :D

Question for you guys. Considering how much of a Where's Waldo these pics are becoming, do you have interest in me pointing out some of the mini-stories I have running there, or my thought processes on the particular figure placement? Or do you guys prefer to find them yourselves?

3. cooleddie74

You can reveal some of them if you like, I don't mind. But yeah, if it were up to me I'd leave at least some of them for us to discover on our own.

4. OdoWanKenobi

Alright then, I'll not ruin the fun. I do wonder sometimes if what makes sense in my head really translates well to the pictures, though. :lol:

5. cooleddie74

Looks like McQuarrie Concept Han Solo is smacking the crap out of Heath Ledger's Joker, so while I'm not sure what's going on in that situation I imagine it must be an epic little disagreement.

6. OdoWanKenobi

Well, he is a psychotic killer, and all. Concept Han is just protecting the party from further casualties, I guess.

And for some reason, (perhaps laziness about having to pose an increasing number of figures) I find the thought of Egon just going around scanning things despite all the chaos to be very funny. Your mileage may vary.

7. cooleddie74

Hey, it's what Egon would naturally do. Other than collect spores, molds and fungi, of course.

8. B.J.

B.J. Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't notice dead Flash coming back as a zombie (and being put down by Ash) until this one, so I had to go back and look! :lol:

9. OdoWanKenobi

I imagine McCoy saying "He's undead, Jay."

Hmmm, I just realized there's actually two Doctor McCoys here.

10. cooleddie74

I just noticed the 2-1B Medical Droid. Silly me.

:techman:

11. OdoWanKenobi

The penultimate chapter of this year's madness:
    [​IMG]

Barry Allen died for your sins.

12. cooleddie74

For what it's worth I found both Pablo-Jill and Luminara Unduli (Black Series 3.75") today. And at a Walmart of all places, and just five short days before Christmas! Walmarts have just plain dropped the ball on new Star Wars figures recently and this was the first time I'd seen new, premium, collector-aimed 3.75" figures on this store's pegs in ages.

13. OdoWanKenobi

I saw both of those at Target a few weeks ago at the same time I found Mara. It took all of my willpower to pass up Pablo Jill. That's a really nice looking figures.

14. cooleddie74

I couldn't pass. Right now he's ranked as the most popular Wave 2 figure on a couple of the collecting sites and is just too exotic, weird and cool to pass up. Besides, I don't think he's being carried forward in the Wave 3 case assortment (Darth Plagueis) so sometimes you just have to grab 'em when you see 'em or risk the wild eBay prices.

Wave 2 of both the 3.75" and 6" lines is really slow getting into most stores.

15. OdoWanKenobi

Yeah, I'm trying to get out of the 3.75 game, though. I really only got Mara because she's long been a favorite character of mine, and has never gotten a decent figure.

16. cooleddie74

Given how slow the pegs are at the moment and the first couple of waves of the Black Series now would be a sensible time for some people to take a break. Nothing's been confirmed nor manufactured past Wave 4 (Dagobah Luke and Yoda, Toryn Farr, Snowspeeder Wedge) and we have yet to see any packaged samples and images of the fourth wave figures.

There was talk of somewhere around 55 total 3.75" figures for 2014 but at this point who knows. Hasbro can change plans at the drop of a hat. Not sure if that 55 number includes the reduced-articulation, cheaper figures or is just the premium collector characters.

17. OdoWanKenobi

Part of it is, the 6" scale has always been my favorite. I've bought so many 3.75" Star Wars figures because that's what's available. Now that the 6" Black Series is here, and is so good, I really don't feel the motivation to keep going with the smaller scale, even if it is exponentially more extensive. Part of me wonders do I really need another Luke, Han, Vader, Stormtrooper, etc?

18. cooleddie74

More and more collectors are starting to think like you, I can tell you that much. I'm getting war-weary myself but I still enjoy the 3.75" scale stuff for the more convenient size and the lower pricepoints. I'm excited about the new six-inch characters, though, and I hope Hasbro doesn't eventually drop and abandon them like they did with the Unleashed stuff during the last decade.

19. OdoWanKenobi

Speaking of which, Greedo was $9.00 on Amazon, so I jumped. I got him today. I'm still on the hunt for the rest of wave 2. Boba Fett in particular is going to be a bitch, isn't he?

[​IMG]

He's awesome, by the way. I'm glad to see the quality is remaining consistent.

20. cooleddie74

Boba seems to be the hottest seller in Wave 2, yeah. I thought it'd be Slave Leia for some of the obvious reasons, but nope.

Wait until Wave 3 with the plain white Stormtrooper hits. You think finding the 6" Sandtrooper was difficult?