Does It Get Better???

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by AdmiralScreed, Dec 4, 2011.

1. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

He'll be back. He was in a season 5 episode (Relativity), and he's in an upcoming season 6 episode. He is also in a season 7 episode. Memorable performances from him, in all three.

2. tighr

tighr Commodore Commodore

I liked Good Shepherd, too. It was the "Lower Decks" of Voyager. It was also the first and only time we see Deck 15.

3. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wasn't Harry supposed to be engaged to a woman back on Earth named Libby?

One of my favorite eps. in the series!
    Great development ep. for Seven and a good one for fleshing out Icheb too. Plus, it's always great to see Mark A. Sheppard in anything. ( Never knew until 2 days ago his real life father was "Schizoid Man" and the Ahab alien from "Bliss".) Very exciting ending escaping the Borg Sphere! Damn, Voyager's a fast ass ship!

I still remember Harren as "The Boy Who Could Fly". :lol: I agree my favorite scene was the exchange between him & Tom and Janeway turning around in the pilots chair of the Delta Flyer and rolling her eyes at him. :guffaw:

4. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

While I was able to accept a crew member we never saw before in Latent Image Ashes to Ashes took it to absurd levels IMO. If someone had watched this episode first without knowing anything about VOY they would probably think that Ballard had been one of the main characters in the early seasons.

5. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Ballard should have been Kim. IMHO.

6. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe?

I believe it should have been Hogan.

Hogan coming back from the dead and it comes to light, with us at least,that he had been sleeping with Janeway... Or does he barge his way inbetween B'Elanna and Tom is the love story of the zombie must persist.

However...

Kim was possible.

There was a Kim corpse floating in space after Deadlock.

Of course season 2 Kim comes back as a Zombie and doesn't choke even a little as he seduces Seven becuase she is the most beautiful woman in the world and after coming back from the dead he's not really scared of her saying yes when he asks a question anymore....

Holy shit.

I know what Ashes to ashes really is.

It's a rejected script they couldn't use to bring Kes back.

Think about it.

Maybe Jennifer was given both scripts and they said "pick one".

The original Ashes to Ashes would have been about her getting back with Neelix, not starting kinky sheet games with Kim.

Jennifer was given a choice. Go batshit and kill everyone or a love story with Ethan.

That makes sense right?

What about Barge of the Dead?

Paris says "Your girlfriend is dead? What a coincidence! 2 months ago so was mine!"

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  7. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

A love story where no one remembers her? And in the end she decides these are just residual memories and she's really someone else now?

Or blowing up.

What Would Lynx Do?

8. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Guy really should have been in writers' room. Deadlock Kim is genius. Plus split-screen Wang! I can do a Picardo/Mulgrew/Ryan/Lien/Dawson too. Come to think of it now, who didn't get to do a doppelganger episode?

I'd like to have seen the Doc's Vidiian girlfriend get one more appearance. I liked her.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  9. Guy Gardener

We're supposed to believe that he was a ken doll, and then spontaneously made himself a penis after meeting her? I'm sure he could handle the coding, but the Doctor is programmed to be contentedly cockless.

Denora being a real person, not so much.

(Sans moose knuckle not baloney pony. Get your head out of the gutter.)

"This is all fine, thank you for rescuing me, you're all wonderful, but how come I don't have any sexual organs?"

I'm assuming that sex with holograms is common place, and Zimmerman didnt' want to see his program drafted as a sex worker when he's supposed to be Doctoring.

The Doctor made her business which was his inspiration in defiance of his own programming to generate his own business.

But there's an erudite theory closely related to Godliclocks a nd the three bears that for every vagina out there there is the perfectly sized penis, not too big, not too small, but perfectly complementary, a package that elegantly fits in the box, and that's what everyone is looking for, not a sense of humour, not a nice car but something sexually complimentary. The right tool for the job.

The Doctor built both tools. Unless he was an idiot and ignored making it feel like a key sliding into lock because threading a chicken sausage down a bendy straw seems appealing to his fauxmachismo, he could have hypnotized her with unexpected simpatico of his goldilocks johnson.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2013
  10. teacake

This is what spending too much time thinking about cars does to men. No all parts do not have to fit perfectly to run really really well.

11. Guy Gardener

What do you think the allegory of Cinderella was really about?

The prince had a small peepee and he was looking for someone with an equally small hoohaw.

12. teacake

Yes yes it is all about penis size.

We know and.. we lulz. We being the non-penis gender.

13. Guy Gardener

That's only half of the issue.

Vaginal depth.

Most women have measured how far down that well goes a few times in their life, but I doubt many graph it like Peewee did in the Porkys movies.

14. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

The Doctor didn't really need a penis, he was already a dick. :shifty:

15. exodus

exodus Fleet Admiral Admiral

How the fuck did this go from a dead crewman to penis size and vaginal depth?

What the Hell is wrong with you people?:wtf:

16. Winterwind

Winterwind Commodore Commodore

That's what's so great about the Voyager forum.

17. Guy Gardener

There was a vidian out there in Season two who went to the toilet using the penis he had grafted onto his baby after they harvested it from Baxter.

Janeway threatened to wipe out the Vidiians because they took Neelix's Lungs, how megaviolent was she going to be when she figured out that some Viddiian prick out there was using a deseased Starfleet Officer's sphnicter to regulate his farts?

18. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Being obsessed with our genitals is what makes us human!

Anyway, I loved Child's Play, I wasn't as big a fan of Good Shepherd. The characters didn't work as well for me as the ones in Lower Decks and the situation they were put in wasn't very interesting.

19. teacake

Vaginal depth is not a static. Any measurement would vary depending on time of the month, arousal etc.. the cervix doesn't just sit there like your toes. It moves, retracts etc.. I have never heard of any woman measuring such a thing. Also as far as sex goes position will effect depth.

Now that I've gotten that out of the way I want to talk about how after generations there are Vidiians who will view all that body part swapping as their culture. Once they are cured there will be underground groups still doing the swapping with each other. Mutual body modification. That's the gentle side of the post-cure Vidiian cultural luddites, there will also be organized crime syndicates where they steal and pirate parts against people's will.

It will be illegal in Vidiian society to exchange body parts but the underground will get around this by keeping themselves covered up and only exchanging non-visible parts. They will shun doctors and any social choices that might involve exposure.

20. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ashes to Ashes is not about Harry's relationship, it's about the finality of death and the impossibility of communicating with the dead. The scene where Janeway can't explain why Ballard was chosen for death, however unintentionally, is particularly sharp about this. A very good episode, although people seem to be distracted into paying attention to Kim. The takeaway on this is pretty downbeat, so that might be why it's not popular.

Child's Play was about Elian Gonzalez, and the episode came down forthrightly on both sides of the issue, except that it unambiguously advocated killing Commies.

The Good Shepherd was quite entertaining even though it centered on small personal problems in a modern day workplace, not the future. Just think how if Braga had just been a man, he could have given us hours and hours of these characters over the series' run!