Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

393 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. extremedalek

extremedalek Ensign Red Shirt

Hi All

First post here so thought I'd intriduce myself:

Username: extremedalek (guess where my main fandom is...?)
    Nationality: British
    Favourite TV series: TNG (Data FTW!)
    Hates: A strong word, I don't hate anything Trek, but not fond of early seasons Voyager.

I've been a fan of Trek since the mid-nineties (around the time of TNG S4 premier on BBC2). I'd watched original Trek on BBC2, as well as some of the movies, but refused to watch TNG. My bets friend at school was a massive fan and finally convinced me to watch TNG. The first episode I saw was Best of Both Worlds Part 2. I haven't looked back since.

2. Captain Shade

Captain Shade Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Welcome to this international group, of like minded fans, of all things Trek, extremedalek!

3. extremedalek

extremedalek Ensign Red Shirt

Many thanks. Glad to be here!

4. Hypaspist

Hypaspist Commander Red Shirt

Hi!

I think I was a member here years ago but I went inactive. Oh well, my overall story is the same:

I grew up in a small Texas town and TOS and TNG were often on. I became a really big fan when the DS9 premier hit and there was a huge marathon of both. I was a big fan ever since and I bought all of the models and everything I could.
    Favorite Episodes: Balance of Terror, Amok Time, and The Inner Light.
    Favorite character: Worf.
    I've never been that much into the video games but I do like the Federation Commander board game a lot. I think it's the best for any Trek fan who likes tactical ship combat.

5. Captain Shade

Well glad to have ya back, you you were here before...And if not, it's great to have ya with us, just the same.

6. Hypaspist

Thanks, friend.

7. Marika

Marika Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Username: Marika
    Nationality: Romanian living in Italy
    Personality: For those who read trek lit T'Ryssa Chen is my twin sister ... but she's smarter than me
    Favourite TV series: Trek series - ENT, VOY, TNG non trek Charmed , CSI, NCIS, JAG
    Favourite book series: All the relaunch trek books, non trek SIGMA FORCE by JAMES Rollins
    Favourite Star Trek reviewer: i don't like reviwers or recommendations , i like to judge by myself. The last time i gave a chance to Amazon t o sell me a book based on my likes and orders, i ended up with trash bin it.
    Hates: the new JJ verse .. yes i know XD
    Current projects= Waiting for october when i will go to new york to see my BF :) Found myself a trekkie and a gamer XD

8. PyroJockey

PyroJockey Ensign Red Shirt

Greetings,

My username is PyroJockey which is my also my gamertag originating from the Descent series.

I am a Trek fan from it's premiere with a bias toward TOS and TNG. Also a big fan of The Cage and Captain Pike. I stood in line for the first showing of Star Trek The Motion Picture and was disappointed to see The Changeling. They made up for it with The Wrath Of Khan.

My professional background is in design and manufacturing and I enjoy making prop replicas from various sci-fi shows, movies and video games.

I have several Trek projects lined up and will be posting here from time to time to tap the vast knowledge of the Trek fandom.

9. Inactive-Shapeshifter

Inactive-Shapeshifter Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello all!

I have just joined the forum too...
    I'm a new generation trekker, 16 years old... I like all series, yes, i like Enterprise too.

thanks for making this beautiful group were trekkers can be.... trekkers :D

Curiosity... Are there other people with my age around here and fans too? I'm afraid that i may be the only one in the world :(

Live long and prosper! :techman:

10. datalal624

datalal624 Ensign Newbie

Hello all. I joined awhile back, but didn't post anything much. So I'm back for more now. :klingon:

Username: datalal624 (same as my YouTube channel, not that there's much over there for one to see)
    Age: 29 [I'll be 30 pretty soon...not sure how I feel about that...]
    Nationality: Canadian
    Favourite TV Series: TNG, TOS, Doctor Who, Game of Thrones, Downton Abbey, Sherlock, LEXX, Twin Peaks
    Favourite ST Movies (in order): The Wrath of Khan, The Undiscovered Country, The Voyage Home, First Contact, Generations, Star Trek 2009
    Lease Favourite ST Movies (from most hated to less hated): Nemesis, Insurrection, The Final Frontier, The Motion Picture, The Search for Spock, Into Darkness

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  11. Hypaspist

Welcome people! I hope you all have a good time and come to see the error of your ways if you don't love TMP.

12. Captain Shade

Welcome, one and all, to the Fabulous Forums de Trek!

13. JamesTKolkSB118

JamesTKolkSB118 Ensign Newbie

Username: What, you can't look over to the left and check?
    Nationality: American.
    Personality: Awesome. Jovial.
    Favourite TV series: TNG
    Favourite book series: That one with the books in it.
    Favourite Star Trek reviewer: Myself. Nobody else gets it quite right... although my wife is a close second.
    Hates: Polaski... most of the time. And Tasha wasn't that great, either. And Ro Laren was a bit of a wash too...
    Current projects: Simming for UFoP: Starbase 118, photoshipping pics of Luke Wilson in Starfleet attire for my character. Wiki editing for the UFoP: Starbase 118.

14. Captain Shade

Welcome to the forums, James! Though I don't think it's what you meant, I like the term "Photoshipping".

15. Rafe Zetter

Rafe Zetter Cadet Newbie

Greetings all,

I just joined up here as I was curious as to why people are referring to the new 2016 film as ST 3 when we have already had 12 previous films.

I was brought up watching repeats of the original 1960 TV series which was before my time and although a bit dated and camp I thought they were interesting and fun.

I really got to like start trek with the Next Generation Reboot of the franchise, TNG is what really got me interested in science and space exploration.
    I also really enjoyed DS9 and after a slow start I eventually got into Voyager.

I really enjoyed the 'Enterprise series' and was annoyed that they dropped that just when it was getting going.

As for the Movies, The Motion picture was the first film I watched at the cinema as a young kid an experience i'll never forget, and I have watched all the films since at the cinema, Star trek II the Wrath of Khan, star trek IV the voyage home, and star trek 8 - first contact are my favourites. Although I have generally enjoyed all the Star Trek film, with the exception of the recent two. I was so disgusted with ST 11 'Star Trek' that I didn't even bother to watch into darkness at the cinema although eventually I did watch it on dvd but only because someone gave me a second hand copy. I really wish I hadn't even bothered doing that, it just annoyed me and I sat through the whole of Star Trek Into Darkness wishing that it actually was a Star Trek movie !

I don't consider myself a trekkie in the sense that i've never dressed up as a klingon or gone to a convention or anything like that, I've just really enjoyed the TV series and films (at least until JJ abrahms got his hands on it) since around 1980, but its looking like I won't even bother watching the next film now I probably will end up at some point but I certainly won't go to the trouble of a trip to the cinema just that I can sit there being annoyed and insulted at the stupid plot, incoherent storyline, and general un-trekkiness of it.

16. Captain Shade

Well, welcome to the forums. TNG is more of a continuation, where Abrams' Trek was the reboot. Here you will find varying degrees of love/hate for the various incarnations of the franchise.

17. Leon

Leon Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

I just joined this forum and would like to thank those in charge for allowing me to participate. I would also like to echo the sentiments of many who posted before me regarding Star Trek (which is now firmly entrenched despite having a serious international flavor) as genuine Americana.

Thanks again :)

18. Captain Shade

Well, I'm glad that you decided to join us, here. Welcome!

19. Memory Alpha

Memory Alpha Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I joined up a few months ago and have to come to enjoy reading this forum a lot. Seems mostly like an adult crowd, so that's cool.

Anyway, I came to Trek through TNG and the movies (mostly ST II, though), and TNG remains my favorite show by a lot, although I discovered TOS as a result and love it also, of course.

20. Captain Shade

Glad to have you with us, Memory Alpha!