Brandon Rios vs. Mike Alvarado 2

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Kenbushway, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Kenbushway

Kenbushway Captain Captain

Awesome fight, couldn't take my eyes for a second. It was a battle as promised. I don't know if any of you watched but if you are even the smallest of a boxing fan this fight you should watch.

2. Kirkman1987

Kirkman1987 Commodore Commodore

I'm a huge boxing fan, I even watched the fights from Monte Carlo earlier that afternoon. Golovkin's KO of Ishida was impressive.

Yes, The Rios Alvarado fight lived up to the high expectations.
    did you see Bradley-Provodnikov a few weeks ago?

3. Kenbushway

Kenbushway Captain Captain

Yes I had Bradley barely pulling a win with just 1 point.

4. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

I thought the Bradley-Provodnikov fight was more entertaining. But this was a great fight too, I'm enjoying boxing a lot more recently.

5. Kirkman1987

Anybody have predictions for This weekend?

I have no idea on Alvarez-Trout, just expecting an amazing fight. Floyd Mayweather should be embarrassed that this got dropped from his PPV card, would have made that event much more special.

I'll take Tyson Fury over Steve Cunningham. Greater size of course doesn't always win, but I think it will in this case. I'm rooting for Fury anyway. Did anyone see the press conference?, The man is entertaining if nothing else.

6. Kirkman1987

oh those scorecards.....I think the fix was in.:scream:

I had Trout ahead by a few rounds. I can see a slight Canelo win as a lot of rounds were close, but those scorecards were nonsense.

I was much happier with the very exciting afternoon heavyweight bout between Fury and Cunningham. I was right about Fury.I admit I was a bit worried by that second round knockdown, but I knew if he could survive he was still dangerous, and he proved it throughout the remainder of the fight. No way he's ready for the champ yet, but he's one of the most entertaining and likable guys in the division. I look forward to his next bout.