Victor Lundin has passed on

Discussion in 'Star Trek - The Original & Animated Series' started by Grant, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Grant

Grant Commodore Commodore

Memory Alpha is reporting the death of Victor Lundin-age 83---who played the Klingon 2nd in command to Kor in "Errand of Mercy"

He also played 'Friday' in Robinson Crusoe on Mars.

R.I.P.

2. Grant

Wow, I hadn't heard that! Thanks for that and may he rest in peace.

3. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Eh, were you just replying to your own post? :confused:

4. Grant

LOL, yeah, I felt a little sad for the poor guy---I've never seen any 'death notice' thread that didn't have a single reply after 60+ views. The poor guy. I know he wasn't Olivier, but damn.

But hey now he'll have two because of you.

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I first remember seeing Lundin when I forced my parents to take me to the drive-in to see Robinson Crusoe on Mars. And when TOS: Errand of Mercy first aired, I recognized his name because of it.

6. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

He was a minor player, especially on STAR TREK. His most recognizable role is probably as Friday in ROBINSON CRUSOE ON MARS, which was a good (though not great) movie which had some influence on Roddenberry while he was developing STAR TREK in 1964. I suspect it's also why Lundin landed a small role in 'Errand of Mercy,' although that's just speculation.

RIP all the same.

7. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Crusoe's director, Byron Haskin, was an old school special effects man, and also worked on The Cage pilot. But he kept telling Roddenberry what he wanted to do was impossible.

8. MikeH92467

MikeH92467 Admiral Admiral

Agreed about RCOS as a "good not great" movie, however, considering that it was made on about as a low of a budget as a "feature" film could get made for in those days and that the science of course has come a long way, it holds up remarkably well. Good script and good acting, have a way of a overcoming a lot of problems.