Darren Aronosfky (!) a contender to direct "Wolverine 2"

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JacksonArcher, Aug 31, 2010.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Someone already posted the story in a separate thread for some reason earlier today, but yes very exciting stuff.

2. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

I never thought I'd say this but I'm actually looking forward to Wolverine 2.

3. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

You and me both.

4. Admiral_Young

The prospect of it being decent to great has increased ten fold.

5. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Rinku Kikuchi for Yuriko! Or they could just get Kelly Hu back. She's not really doing anything these days.

6. Admiral_Young

Yuriko was so different from the comic book version and had no connection to Logan at all except that she went through the Weapon X program.

7. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

I don't see why this is so hard to say. By all accounts and indications, it'll have nothing to do with XMO:W, since it's set in Japan, there's been no solid indication of any shared cast besides Jackman, and Wolverine doesn't even remember the "first" movie. So, why bring so much baggage into a discussion of a movie that seems likely to be an implicit reboot? :confused:

An interesting question will be the title. Since there was speculation that the prior movie was in large part called XMO to let Fox say they'd make an X-Men, movie, thus extending the rights, what with X:FC, the new movie may not face the same requirement.

Maybe it'll just be called Wolverine?

8. Admiral_Young

^ We can only hope.

9. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Let's hope. The film doesn't need the X-Men prefix. Audiences are smart enough to know what Wolverine means. Plus, it'll be even more reason to just consider the first movie a really bad memory.

One we don't remember having. ;)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  10. T'Baio

T'Baio Admiral Admiral

It would be so awesome if we could do that. I mean, XMO:W just kind of badly retold what we already knew from X2, adding in details no one wanted. Wolverine "2" could very well be put into to a very nice trilogy...Wolverine, X-Men, and then X"2". :)

11. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

The next movie will be about Wolverine traveling through space inside a weird bubble, while having flashbacks about Rachel Weisz. :)

12. Admiral_Young

I think we were all shot in the head with an adamtium bullet at the end of the first Wolverine...or at least wish we were.

13. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Well, the 'some reason' was that they were technically two different stories - one was about DA being a contender for the movie, the other that Jackman had confirmed it. Of course, the fact that I was too lazy to trawl through older threads to revive this one had something to do with it too.