What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Started playing Fire Emblem: Awakening on the 3DS. It's the first one I've played in the series and although it's still early in the game, I'm enjoying it so far.

2. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Diablo 3 on PS3. Good to finally get the chance to play it. Originally intended to buy it back when the PC version came out but was put off by the DRM on it.

3. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The recently released Age of Wonders III has caught my eye, but I don't want to pay $40 for a game in a franchise that I've never played before. So I bought the first Age of Wonders on GOG for $2.99.

It's getting harder and harder to justify paying $60 for games these days.

4. Bob The Skutter

I joined a game rental service called Boomerang games, I don't know if there are similar services elsewhere, I also have PS+ and I rent most games now. I still buy some games but for the most part that's how I get most of my gaming in nowadays. Hard to justify the pricetag of major games nowadays.

BTW if anyone wants to join if you would be so kinda as to let me send you the recommend a friend thing I get a free month out of it. Don't think you do but you do get a 3 week free trial.

5. DBR

DBR Vice Admiral Admiral

After defeating him at the hotel, I'm chasing Bane in the basement of the Police Station. I just cant find him.

6. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm starting to get back into MMOs again. The last I played was City of Heroes/City of Villains: Going Rogue, months before the community shut down and the servers closed.

I'm installing Marvel Heroes on my PC.

7. Bob The Skutter

Hide and let him come to you.

8. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I started playing Skyrim today. Not quite as obsessed with it as I thought I'd be, but it's still very early. It seems like it's off to kind of a slow start.

9. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Did you have any experience with past The Elder Scrolls games going in?

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

11. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

I started a fortnight ago, got about 3-4 hours in so far, not really seeing how people as sucked in as they do.

12. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

One thing I will say is that I'm used to my games having far better maps. I spend so much time wandering around just trying to figure out where I'm supposed to be going.

13. Kelthaz

I'm no fan of WRPGs, but I certainly see the appeal. You play the games to get immersed in a huge open fantasy world where your actions influence the world around you.

14. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Yeah, the models all look like upscaled 2001-2003 era games, the map is poorly planned out initially.

And you can apparently randomly piss off "important" NPC's by doing the side tasks they ask you to do, to the point where they try to kill you before the first save, and can't be killed.

I'm hoping it gets a hell of a lot better a few hours in, as it is now it looks like someone adapted Return to Castle Wolfenstein into a medieval RPG and didn't bother polishing it up.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Yeah, I was definitely expecting it to look better given how hyped up it was. Almost every game that I've played on my PS3 has better-looking graphics than Skyrim. The combat also feels really clumsy. Ignoring that it uses controls that I am totally not used to (R1 and L1 for combat feels weird to me), I never actually feel like I'm hitting anything. My arms just flail around and eventually the bad guy dies.

16. Kelthaz

Don't judge Skyrim based on the PS3 port. The people hyping it up are playing it on PC.

17. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

(Make an educated guess.)

18. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Fair enough, I suppose. I've never really been much of a PC gamer.

I don't know...I'm just very underwhelmed so far.

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

On the other hand, I beat Need for Speed Most Wanted. Beat down the number one car (without crashing, which for me is...wow) and claimed the most wanted spot.

So did a few victory laps in the V12 Vantage, damn Fair Haven looks amazing. *That* is what an open world should look like on the PS3.

It even sync's to local weather stations if you're online while playing, sync'ing weather patterns.

20. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

Since I'm temporarily on an old XP machine, found my boot disks for Lionhead's "The Movies" and its expansion pack, where you're running a movie studio. I'm thinking of trying to adapt "The Galileo Seven" once the tech advancements are high enough for shuttlecraft props. I already have a bridge set unlocked that resembles a Star Trek bridge. I usually run it in sandbox mode, but there's still too much micromanagement for my tastes.