Which Captain would you want to serve under?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by KamenRiderBlade, Nov 3, 2012.

?

So which of the Captain's would you want to serve under?

1. TOS: Captain James Tiberius Kirk

14 vote(s)
    21.5%
  2. TNG: Captain Jean-Luc Picard

24 vote(s)
    36.9%
  3. DS9: Captain Benjamin Lafayette Sisko

18 vote(s)
    27.7%
  4. VOY: Captain Kathryn Janeway

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  5. ENT: Captain Jonathan Archer

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  6. STXI: Captain James Tiberius Kirk AKA Kirk 2.0

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  1. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yes Archer would I suspect very much irritate me IRL.

And much as I love the NX-01 (it's my favorite ship) when it came down to it I'd prefer the comfort and better defenses of the other series ships.

2. Kira Nerys

Kira Nerys Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Sisko because I would love to visit DS9.

3. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ What if it wasn't on DS9, but rather a starship like any other captain? The Defiant, for example. Would you still serve with Sisko in that situation?

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Oh yeah if you're talking places it would be DS9.

But on the Defiant, NO WAY!! It's only purpose is to go do scary stuff!

5. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Of course the crew of the Cairo wasn't constantly complaining. Did you see how quick Jellico booted Riker and next scene Data shows up in red? That still makes me laugh every time. :p But yeah, the complainers he'd have shipped off a long time ago.

Jellico -was- a hardass. But not a malicious hardass. He's no less effective than Picard. Picard would let his people have free run so long as they got the job done, whereas Jellico was pretty much a micro-manager who wanted direct control of everything. Just different command styles. Even though he clearly disliked Riker, he even pandered to him for the good of the mission, so that's always his priority. Jellico was personable and nice to everyone the first time he met them, so it's not like he's going out of his way to be a jerk.

Though my favorite Jellico moment was him telling Troi to put some clothes on. ;)

6. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ And in Treklit, here's what Jellico does:

By the time of the Borg invasion in Destiny, Jellico is running Starfleet. After it's all over, he resigns, because he feels he didn't do enough to save lives - so his personal sense of honor told him to step down.

I figure anyone with that kind of power who still does that, is OK in my book.

7. Utopianvista

Utopianvista Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

The problem with Picard is his nepotism approach. He lets Crusher's boy play on the bridge and gives him a regular bridge shift.

Imagine you're a security officer and Yar dies. Who does he promote to that new position? Someone who wasn't even in security! Same for throwing La Forge into the Chief Engineer spot when he wasn't even in the engineering department!

I voted for Sisko since he made Nog actually work for his position.

8. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, he couldn't "get it done"? ;)

I'll go with Sisko.