So What Are you Reading?: Generations

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by captcalhoun, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Cap'n Crunch

Cap'n Crunch Captain Captain

I finished Star Trek: New Frontier: No Limits: "Performance Appraisal" by Allyn Gibson the other day.

I'm now reading Fringe: The Zodiac Paradox by Christa Faust. I'm six chapters in, and so far it's been pretty good.

2. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just started "Star Trek The Fall: Revelation and Dust" by David R. George III.

3. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

Just started From History's Shadow by Dayton Ward.

After a slow TOS sequence it's got going - I'm engrossed !

4. Reanok

Reanok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

:techman:I just finished reading Star trek Revelations and dust one of the best ds9 books I've read this year.I'm now reading The Panther by Nelson Demille.

5. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

I also just finished Revelations and Dust, and I also really enjoyed it. Next up will probably be Vanguard #5: Precipice by David Mack :)

6. CaptainSarine

CaptainSarine Commander Red Shirt

Just finished Flight of the Nighthawks by Raymond E Feist. Rereading the whole Riftwar saga before reading the last one at the end of the year. Not a bad entry, though the "two young boys become embroiled in important events" trope may have been a bit over utilised by Feist by this point... :)

7. wahwahkits

wahwahkits Commander Red Shirt

England, somewhere between Liverpool and Chester
    Just finished the TNG novel 'The Devils' Heart' by Carmen Carter. Not a bad book but with a bit of tweaking could have been a classic.

8. JWolf

JWolf Commodore Commodore

I am currently reading Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson. I am close to finishing. It is a good book with some good character development.

9. ryan123450

ryan123450 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm reading through the first volume of DC Comics Star Trek series. So far a very interesting take on the movie era.

10. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

I recently finished TNG#37 The Last Stand by Brad Ferguson. I really liked this book. It has been a while since one of the numbered TNG books really got me hooked. Read this one inside of a day.

I am starting The 34th Rule by Armin Shimmerman, David George and Eric Stillwell.

11. jpv2000

jpv2000 Captain Captain

Starting on "Synthesis" today.

12. Mimi

Mimi Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Just finishing up Typhon Pact, after following its path through the DS9 relaunch line. After reading the first book of fall [and probably Crimson Shadow which will be out by the time I finish], I'll backtrack and read Titan.

Since I've heard so many good things about Vanguard, that's next on the reading list!

13. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

I just stumbled onto two early tie-in novels at a yard sale:

"Walt Disney's ANNETTE and the Mystery at Smuggler's Cove."

"JANET LENNON at Camp Calamity"--an "Authorized TV Adventure" featuring the "Singing Star from the Lawrence Welk TV Show."

Who knew there were Lawrence Welk Show (!) tie-in novels? And an Annette Funicello mystery? Fascinating!

14. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

reading the fourth Vanguard novel, Open Secrets. Overall i'm not fond of TOS-Era books, but Vanguard has me gripped.

15. CaptPapa

CaptPapa Commander Red Shirt

I just finished reading Vanguard: Harbinger, but didn't care much for it.
    I've started the novelization for The Wrath of Khan, and will continue with Search for Spock and The Voyage Home, at least. Several people have mentioned them lately, and it put me in the mood. It's been many years since I read them - so far, so good.

16. Killie

Killie Lieutenant Red Shirt

Just read the excellent Star Trek Novel "The Final Reflection" by John M. Ford.

I thought it was superb and posted a review here if anyone is interested.

17. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

I started Star Wars: Crucible earlier this week and finished it a couple days ago. It was decent, though I'm still not fond of Troy Denning's need to have Jedi constantly glowing in the middle of a big fight. It seems rather silly.

I'm trying to figure out where to go next as I "return" to the SW EU. I quickly read through all of Legacy of the Force last year before getting caught up on and finishing Fate of the Jedi as it was released, so there are a lot of novels that came out after The Dark Nest Trilogy but before LOTF that I have yet to read.

At the moment I'm leaning toward Matthew Stover's Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor, though John Jackson Miller's Kenobi is tempting as is Timothy Zahn's Scoundrels.

18. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Hmm. I'm a little puzzled, since I don't remember being interviewed for this book, but one of the chapters in the Titan section is an interview with me. Did they reprint an old interview from somewhere else?

20. Defcon

Defcon Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think they reused some interviews they did for earlier books bonus stuff and/or trekzone.de.

In your case they reused the German version of this interview. I would have thought that they had asked the interviewed authors if it is O.K. to reuse the old interviews ...