NBC plans to bring Heroes back for a fourth season

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Out Of My Vulcan Mind, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

From The Hollywood Reporter:

2. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

They can bring it back, but I won't be watching. The decline in quality on Heroes is unlike anything I've ever seen before on television - after a nearly perfect first season, the show has descended into utter crap. And even worse, boring crap.

3. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

I agree. I'm barely giving Heroes one last chance the rest of this season to see if Bryan Fuller's influence can somehow bring the show back on track. But, I'm not very hopeful.

So, I may check out Season 4 in chunks every so often, just to see if it's not complete shit, but there's little chance I'll be watching regularly in any capacity.

4. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Agreed.

What about Alias? That turned into a craptacular show that began with such incredible promise.

5. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Never seen Seaquest? :lol:

6. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Ditto. They really messed that show up something fierce. :lol:

7. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Now, now ... The second season was nowhere near the crapfest it descended to in the third season.

And I dunno about Heroes. I watch more out of habit these days than really caring about the series. I don't know really why I tune in. Maybe Milo? Though if the spoiler I've heard holds true, that reason will no longer exist. Sigh.

8. Thrall

Thrall Commodore Commodore

I gave up on Heroes this season. Such a mess. Hopefully this is good news for Chuck, because it gets almost the same numbers as Heroes does and doesn't even cost half to make. But this Day One thing has me worried.

9. TheArsenal

TheArsenal Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Yep. I'm riding this season out and then I'm done. As the show is structured, there is nothing they can do with the current characters that would make me want to come back.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I've been working Monday nights, so I've missed the last 3 episodes of Heroes. I still make the effort to catch up on Chuck online, but I can't bring myself to care enough about Heroes anymore to try.

If I hear this season gets better towards the end, I might catch up, but I doubt it. Heroes is dead to me.

11. Barbados Slim

Barbados Slim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

This week was the first one I deleted after watching like 30 seconds and failing to muster up the give-a-shit to watch. I'm officially done. I'd rather see them renew Life and Friday Night Lights.

12. CaptJimboJones

CaptJimboJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Alias also similarly declined, as did Seaquest, but IMO neither of those shows were as good in their first seasons as Heroes. The first season of Heroes was, for me at least, a simply brilliant treatment of the superhero story. I remember watching and thinking, these guys should be the ones to do the Watchmen movie, because they absolutely get it.

And then is very abruptly turn into utter shit starting with season two, and has failed to improve. Such a shame.

13. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd Vice Admiral

I stopped watching mid-season 2. It hasn't gotten better, I see?

14. Pilot Ace

Pilot Ace Captain Captain

I like Season 2/Volume 2 more more the first half of Season 3/Volume 3.

15. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Season four's issue will be about a villain who has made all the clothes in the world disappear, and Ali Larter and Hayden Panettiere will be the main leads. :p

16. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

What, "Shave the cheerleader, save the world" again?

17. Mistral

Mistral Vice Admiral Admiral

^ :guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

You trying to get me busted at work? I laughed my ass off!

18. hyzmarca

hyzmarca Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It would be interesting if instead of neatly warping up the Fugitives arc they have things descend into a full-on race war, with the protagonist's focus shifting from avoiding capture to overthrowing the government and installing a super-powered aristocracy in it's place.

19. Gary Mitchell

Gary Mitchell Fleet Admiral Admiral

Actually, I think the 3rd season was better than the second. The second season with the giant crocodiles, man eating plants and the Greek god Neptune was the crapfest.

20. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

That's great. I still enjoy watching the show.

Don't care if it pisses off the Heroes haters. :p