Long article on Fall 2013 network development

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Temis the Vorta, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is just the networks so of course the really interesting stuff isnt here.

To summarize: remakes are big as ever, as is updating literary classics to modern times and suernatural/sci fi/horror. Networks are getting more interested in history lately, even the kind that requires wigs and hoop skirts.

Most interesting to me:

2. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Out of what you posted, I think what interests me the most is Gaslight. Sounds like it could be a potentially interesting concept.

3. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

So... does anyone else get Electric City vibes from Gaslight?

4. Temis the Vorta

Is that the animated series from Yahoo? I forgot to ever check it out, is it good?

5. degra

degra Fleet Captain Newbie

Sounds like more crap---so much for a renaissance.

6. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Yeah, it's the Tom Hanks animated thing. It's alright; it suffers from Last Resort pilot syndrome - stuffing a bit too much into its run time.

7. Spot's Meow

Spot's Meow Vice Admiral Admiral

That really was a long article. I saw some real potential there, though of course it's so hard to know anything about a show's future quality from just one sentence.

I was particularly interested in The Gilded Age. I think it was just last year (maybe the year before, I can't quite remember) that I suggested in a thread just like this one that a historical drama based on the Gilded Age would be timely and interesting, and I was shot down. :lol: Hopefully this potential show has more success.

8. Temis the Vorta

There was a Gilded Age series in development last year on ABC I think, that was considered a strong contender but didn't quite make the cut. No sci fi/steampunk angle, just straight historical soap.