What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Everyone keeps telling me that, that ending better deliver :lol:

We did the...
    Moira gun sequence
    yesterday, which was great, now we just have to play through to the ending again. Can't wait!

2. Ghost

Ghost Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have been fiddling around with Subnautica once in a while, one of those exploration/sandbox games though I would not call it similar to Minecraft.

The game takes place on an alien ocean world where the player can set up outposts and explore the various biomes it contains, each with unique plant and animal life.

However it is still under construction and not completely finished yet. Features but also construction objects, tools and critters are still being implemented.

Also this game suffer a bit from what I call 'the sandbox' problem. Once you have done everything the game allows you to do it become rather boring and the desire to do stuff diminishes.
    I honestly think Sandbox games should have optional single player campaigns or the SDK tools for players to make those.

As for other gaming, well when the mood strikes me I often go to my old love Fallout New Vegas.

3. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been playing Mortal Kombat 9's story mode, and i've started Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (both on PS3). The ship stuff is pretty fun in ACIV, but some of the story missions can be a bit annoying.

4. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

Um, Hearts on my laptop?

That's about the extent of my gaming . . . :)

5. BigJake

BigJake Vice Admiral Admiral

Okay, screw you Life is Strange. In NO WAY does that look like "a bonfire spot where people party." I call shenanigans.:klingon:

Yes, I'll be playing Life is Strange again in a moment.

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I have the whole day off and absolutely nothing to do, so I have decided to start replaying "The Last of Us."

7. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

A worthy way to spend the day, to be sure. :)

8. starrchild

starrchild Captain Captain

I watched a Let's Play of that game, and it made me wish there was a PC port of it. I'd even learn how to use my XBox controller to play it.

9. martok2112

A PC port would probably have been nice, but I think the only "console" exclusive titles that end up as PC ports are anything that Microsoft Xbox brand puts out. I don't know if Sony has ever done a "console/PC" release.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

This is the third time I've played it, and it's not quite as fun anymore. I absolutely love the game, but first couple hours of gameplay are pretty slow moving. I didn't notice it quite as much the first couple times I played it, but now that I'm so familiar with the story, a lot of it seems to drag.

But I did manage to play it for about 7 hours yesterday, so it couldn't have been that bad. :lol:

11. martok2112

I'll agree that it probably isn't quite as fun as the first time around, largely because you know what to expect, and yeah, when the first couple of hours are slow going, it can certainly sap the incentive to continue.

I'm kinda the same way with Alien Isolation. I love the game and want to get back into it, but I'm going to have to wait just a while more....because the game is also fairly slow to get going....but, that's also like the movie, so it's justified. :)

12. Brendan Moody

Brendan Moody Vice Admiral Admiral

I bought Alien: Isolation during last week's PSN sale, and have been inching through it with a series of highly tense late-night play sessions. Today I played for 80 minutes and made maybe 5 minutes' worth of actual progress, only because I'm in the first section where the alien really stalks you and I'm still learning how to deal with it. I didn't mind all that lost time, though, because I love the faithful recreation of the movie's design aesthetic and the way that (at least on Hard) the AI sensitivity really creates a pulse-pounding atmosphere.

13. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

Picked up dead rising 3 for the pc, and it is quite a lot of fun, there is something relaxing about driving over thousands of zombies in a steam roller. lol

14. martok2112

On first playthrough, that game game me more than a few scares....of the "yelping out loud" kind. :)

I too loved the set recreation...especially of the Nostromo...although, they did change up some of the set decoration. I won't go into specifics for the notion that what I point out might offend some folk here, but it was great being able to say to one's self: "This is where Ash attacked Ripley. This is where Kane sat on the bridge." etc. :) If only there were more places on the Nostromo to visit.

15. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Well, I managed to power through the slow beginning, and now I'm having a blast.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Alien: Isolation would get quite a few very unmanly squeals (some out of joy, granted) out of me for sure.

17. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Loving the little minigames, nice shoutout to the original.

"This next part requires stealth, do not kill anyone unless necessary."

"What's that? kill all the Nazi's I can? you got it."

"Wait tha-"

"Sorry, static on the line *blows into mic*"

:lol:

18. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started playing Life is Strange yesterday. I've already completed the first two episodes and I'm really enjoying it so far.

19. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

I've been playing Far Cry 4, one of the few AAA games that's really grabbed my interest lately. I'm about 12% complete so far. Also playing Splatoon. One of the very few online multiplayer games I've ever really got in to. So much fun.

20. martok2112

Alternating between Destiny and Tower of Guns.