Itzin is Bitchin

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by RobertScorpio, May 20, 2010.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

I wanted to start a thread in honor of Gregory Itnin. He plays PRESIDENT LOGAN on the current season of 24, but he started playing the role back in season 4.

We started re-watching the earlier seasons of 24 and have just finished season 4; Itzin's first season. I never really gave this guy credit, but this guy can act. His President Logan has been about as smarmy as you can imagine. He rival's Sherry (24 fans know what i mean) in his evilness.

You just love to hate this guy. He has an ability to sell anyone a bill of goods, then watch them fall apart and blame the buyer for believing in him at all.

He played in an episode of DS9, and he even appeared on Boston Legal. But here, on 24, he makes a great villain. I hope he survives this final season and makes it to the big-screen in the soon to come 24 movie.

Rob

Last edited: May 20, 2010
  2. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sell a bill of goods? Well he had to considering Logan wasn't a bad guy until the writers suddenly switched gears on him and contradicted everything that came before it.

3. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Umm...are you serious? I just saw season four, and I am well aware of what he's going to do to his wife in season five. He was 'deceptively' stupid at the start, I'll give you that, but he was definately not operating on full thrusters from the first moment he appeard.

Anyone who thinks he was a man of virtue obviously bought the goods he was selling, and thinks its gold. (I think you've got some fools gold in your saving account)

Rob

4. Aragorn

Why wouldn't I be serious? It's obvious to anyone that Logan suddenly became the bad guy in season five because the writers made it up on the fly, regardless of how it conflicted with what went on earlier in the season. Like with Dana in season eight going from spineless hick to superspy. It's what 24 does.

5. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

IIRC the writers even admitted it.

6. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Perhaps the season four you watched took place in an alternate universe. He was ALWAYS a ladder climber. As i said, I just watched season four in the span of a week. Logan wasn't honest at the start, and you could tell pretty quick that, like Sherry, he was out for himself..still is in season eight.

And as for Dana? Have you been watching this show? You have to know by now that CTU always always always has an insider. I pegged her as an insider pretty early on.

So, sorry. I guess we are just watching two different shows...but Logan was and always has been a self serving prick. He even looks like Tricky Dick...

Rob

7. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

The writers? The writers are not even the same writers. Perhaps you should all go back and watch season four again. I just did and its clear the guy is nuts, everyone around him thinks he's nuts. In fact, thats why David Palmer is brought back in season four; because they all think Logan's nuts.

rob

8. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

^Yes, of course CTU always has a mole.

The problem is that evil psychopath Dana from later in the season would have executed her ex-boyfriend and his mate without a second thought. She wouldn't have dragged Cole in to it, she would have just set them up to meet her somewhere and put one in the head and one in the chest.

She wouldn't have left a scrap of evidence and there would have been nothing for their parole officer to go on.

Frightened victim Dana from earlier on in the season couldn't possibly have been the mole.

9. Aragorn

Alternate universe? Seriously?

David Palmer was brought in because in season 4, Logan was portrayed as in over his head and needed help to deal with the Presidency suddenly being thrown onto his lap in the middle of a serious (ridiculous) threat. In season 5, he was basically a good guy (now more comfortable in his own skin) doing whatever he could to help Jack... until he suddenly became the bad guy because the writers needed yet another shocking twist for the sake of a twist.

Do you also think seasons 4, 6 and 8 are the best?

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Greg is great I met him in 2005 ( and some other trekbbs's here have at the same place) before he was on 24, he just got done with his small role as Admiral Black on Enterprise, we talked about what possible futute projects may be down the road, Greg was hoping for something good, and he got it.

11. Morpheus 02

Morpheus 02 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Regarding the actor == he's great. i am surprised he hasn't been tapped to play Nixon!

Regarding the writing of the character....i think he's always been an opportunist. However, when he was first portrayed, he seemed more on the riding-on-others-abilities rather than evil-mastermind type. Again, a similar comparison with Dana Walsh.

And many other characters have been twisted to suit the plot. Tony Almeida is one...or Curtis -- framed as the next Jack Bauer, but gets killed because he has a sudden urge to seek revenge.

Only Chloe and Aaron Pierce (where is he???? Manny Coto, being a man who understands Trekker's obession with continuity, should know how Aaron has been in every season of 24!) have seemed to have consistent characterization.

12. Aragorn

Aaron Pierce shows up at the final minute to ask Jack if he's familiar with The Avenger Initiative.

13. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

:lol: Jack adopts the alias "Clint Barton".

14. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

This thread is not about the character of LOGAN, its about the acting ability of Greogry Itzin. Its clear we all don't agree on the character, and never will. But from this point on lets all restrict our comments to the subject; Itzin is bitchen.

rob