Palin steps down as governor

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by miraclefan, Jul 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squiggy

Squiggy FrozenToad Admiral

I'm I going to have to dust off all my old election charts and maps and choke a bitch?

Obama won every swing state with the exeption of Missouori, which wasn't finalized for weeks because McCain only won by 3,900 votes out of 3,000,000 cast.

Obama won Indiana. The first time since Johnson's landslide of 1964 that Indiana went blue.

Obama won Virginia. Also the first time since Johnson's landslide of 1964 that Indiana went blue.

Obama won Omaha. The whitest place on Earth.

Obama won North Carolina. The home of Jesse Helms. The first time in 30 years North Carolina went Democrat.

Now, watch me as I rape your face. These are the county changes between 2004 and 2008:
    [​IMG]

Watch me as I rape your face again. This the how much each county changed. The darker the blue, the more Democratic, the darker the red the more Republican
    [​IMG]

Nationwide, the country went heavily for Obama with the only Republican gains in Tennessee, Arkansas, and the Appalachians. Well done Palin! What a electoral powerhouse you are.

Let's look at the national polling shall we?
    [​IMG]

Oh my. She seemed to have helped for a week or so...until she opened her mouth and showed the United States that Alaskans shouldn't be trusted to vote for their own governor and should be devolved to a territory.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2009
  2. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

So...do comments like--

--count as "behaiving"?

I mean, I'm okay with the news, but I understand the original reasons for banning the subject of politics. It tends to get people a little...shall we say...fired up?

3. Rush Limborg

OK, Squiggy...

First off, that first map looks pretty RED.

AND...note the counties labled green.

It was not a landslide--check the popular vote.

Second...I noticed you did not cite your sources. Where did you get these charts?

Just outta curiosity.;)

4. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Squiggy, keep the personal comments out of the posts.

Rush, if you don't like something, hit notify instead of raising the issue in the thread and let us deal with it.

Enough of the sniping and mini-modding.

5. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

I noticed you didn't address my post.

6. Squiggy

No one lives in the red areas. Here's an overlay of counties and population centers.
    [​IMG]

There are about 35 of them in 4 states. There are over 200 purple (Bush 04, Obama 08) counties in over 35 states.

Which isn't what we use to elect the President and therefore irrelevant. If it was then Al Gore would've been elected President in 2000 having gotten 500,000 more votes than Bush.

Reagan's "landslide" in 1984 got him 98% of the electoral votes but only 59% percent of the popular vote.

I made them using election results. 04-08 percentage shift is from nationalatlas.gov shift

And my "rape your face" wasn't directed to any poster in particular...just people in general.

7. Rush Limborg

Got the message. My apologies....

8. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

Absolutely. Shows the power of his celebrity status and media propaganda installing a leader.

Another example of celebrity is Dave Letterman showing up on an aircraft carrier, er, still talking about Sarah Palin 8 months after the presidential election.

I wish her well on whichever TV show she ends up doing, if even she goes that route. One thing we can be sure of is if she was president right now instead of the fool who is there we'd be much better off. Unemployment might still be as high but it certainly wouldn't be higher and more possibly even lower. We wouldn't have ruined the future with the stimulus (welfare & reparations) fiasco. We wouldn't have stood with dictators against people demanding their vote count or a president who wouldn't leave office when the time came.

So lets keep talking about her. :)

9. Rush Limborg

Granted--on both points.

However...the electoral percentage in '08 was: 53% Obama, 46% McCain, 1% third party.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/president/

A mere %7 difference. Hardly...a "landslide".

10. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

And yet when Bush won by less in '04 it was somehow a "mandate."

11. Squiggy

Electoral vote landslide. Obama won 68% of the Electoral College.

12. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Let's get back to reality for a minute.

A virtually unknown first-term senator (who also happens to be Black), defeats a genuine American hero handily. That first-term Senator did not even win his own primaries in New Hampshire, New York, New Jersey, Texas, Ohio, or California.

I don't see any way to spin this positively for the GOP. And I certainly don't see how Palin helped McCain. In fact, I think he shot himself in the foot by picking her.

So we blame the media, because obviously American people are too stupid to make up their own minds. Of course the Liberal Media didn't help us in 2000, or 2004. I guess they took those years off?

I'm sorry but the whole discussion of Palin at a national level is ridiculous. She will be an albatross around the GOP's neck for a long time to come if they let her.

13. Roger Wilco

Roger Wilco Admiral Admiral

:lol::lol::lol:

14. Rush Limborg

As I recall...Bush set a popular-vote record in '04--he got more votes than any president before him.

I also seem to recall that after the '00 election, the Dems were moaning about how unfair it was that we have an electoral college--"We should let the PEOPLE decide!"

After the '04 election, the Dems were all, "Oh, if ONLY we had gotted JUST A BIT more out of the electoral college...."

Thus, it changes from "We should use the popular vote" to ":censored: the popular vote--we just need to get the college!"

15. IndyJones

IndyJones Vice Admiral Admiral

Wait, I'm sorry - Are big crowds bad again? You guys need to get together on this meme 'cause it's hard to keep track, i.e. It's good when Palin gets big crowds within weeks of people learning her name; it's bad when Obama gets big crowds after years of campaigning.

Was she running for President? :wtf: How's Alaska's economy now that Oil prices are down?

16. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

One thing that we can be sure of is that you're mistaken.

Palin is a thin-skinned narcissist who couldn't take the heat. She's done. :techman:

17. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Luckily, McCain/Palin blew chunks in both categories.

18. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

That means nothing. It just means that there was a record turn out that year for the election which means nothing. Try again.

19. Rush Limborg

Nope. He lost because he, HIMSELF, did not provide a complete contrast to Obama. He failed to attack Obama on pefectly legitamite issues until long into the race. His campaign was muddled and at times erratic. He failed to channel the anger of the American People. He accepted the liberal premises on global warming and illegal immigration. And the worst part: He supported the first bailout.

Palin helped him. If you doubt me, recall the poll numbers from the time he chose Palin, up to the point of the market collapse. McCain actually started to lead in the polls because Palin provided the drive, energy, and message that the campaign was sorely lacking in.

McCain behaved like he didn't really know what he was doing, as far as the crisis was concerned.

That the other boys from his campaign are now dissing Sarah is simply their refusal to admit their mistakes.

20. Rush Limborg

Except that THAT was the accepted reason for why Obama won so much--in the primaries AND in the general election.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.