What ship would you choose?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by AdmiralSteven, May 12, 2009.

1. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    That was a case of writers fiat, later Cardassian ships were more powerful.

[​IMG]

they did a good job blasting the Jem'hadar and the Breen:evil:. Not to mention the Klingons.

2. cwl

cwl Commander Red Shirt

pfft the Klingons stomped all over the Cardassians!

the Cardassians have trouble controlling their bowels at the mere mention of a Klingon battlecruiser.

3. Vger

Vger Lieutenant Red Shirt

lol..

4. apenpaap

apenpaap Commodore Commodore

That reminds me of: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-WA90u0f0Y

5. Thor Damar

^:guffaw:. Really? I think that the Klingons were too busy chasing after sensor ghost, holograms and generally getting outwitted to cause any bowel loosening. (not that the Cardassians were actually scared by the Klingons)

three words: surprise attack and cloaks. That's how the Klingons won the war (and helped to start the Dominion war):p

6. cwl

cwl Commander Red Shirt

but the klingons did win the war- & that is all that matters.

long live the Glorious Klingon Empire

7. Vger

Vger Lieutenant Red Shirt

:lol:

8. Calhoun24

Calhoun24 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I have two choices.

I have to go out on a limb and say one of my choices is the 2009 version of the original Enterprise. I kind of like the design, inside and out. Just add would be the traditional three sliders on the transporter panel and tone down the lighting a bit, since Federation Starships are not supposed to be that bright. Hate on me if you wish, but I think it's a good ship.

My second choice would have to be the Enterprise-E. Sovereign-Class vessels are just so sleek and powerful. That, and the Enterprise-E is one bad mother-:devil:

9. Thor Damar

Ah, but to paraphrase Kahless the unforgettable; to win a war that will result in the destruction of the empire is no victory. After all the being who led the Klingons into battle was not a Klingon at all:shifty:

The repercussions of a war always matter. If Cardassia had not been thrown into chaos due to the destruction of the Obsidian Order and had been able to mobilize their military fully then they might have been able to force a stalemate or even a defeat that would have led to a Klingon withdrawal and pervented the Dominion from using a weakened Cardassia as a staging post.

And going back to the OT, I would also go for a Romulan Warbird.

10. JustKate

JustKate Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And you know that's my preference as well. I can't bandy tech-talk with you guys, but they're powerful, maneuverable and purty, and what more can you expect from a ship than that?

I'm also extremely fond of the D, of course. The E? Meh.

11. Xerxes1979

Xerxes1979 Captain Captain

The outcome of the Klingon-Cardassian war does not speak to the relative strength of the Galor vs. other vessles.

The ONLY time we see non-Dominion upgraded Galors fighting is in The Way of the Warrior.

The Prakesh is disabled and destroyed by the all to common(and dishonnorable) Klingon swarm tactics using superior numbers.

If a BOP is the equivalent of a heavy scout or destroyer and the average Galor is either a destroyer or light cruiser class then you can't really say it was a trial of fire between equals. It was yet another 3:1 engagement the Klingons always bring.

12. cwl

cwl Commander Red Shirt

then again had the Klingon fleet pulled its ships guarding its frontiers with the Romulan Empire & its fleets battling the Federation Cardassia would have already been in an even more hopeless situation than before.

Cardassia was a 2nd rate power, the Klingon Empire clearly demonstrated its ability to fight a protracted campaign on 2 fronts.

the only thing I will say regarding ships is that the war does reveal the age of many klingon ships- the Klingon fleet definitley needs upgrading. however I would assume that the Klingon's would most likely deploy their best ships & best crews against starfleet. cardassia being a 2nd rate power with 2nd rate ships would be where older ships & less capable crews would be deployed against.

13. hellsgate

hellsgate Commodore

If you're saying canon ships I'd want to command.....

U.S.S. Voyager, Intrepid-Class.
    U.S.S. Defiant, Defiant-Class.
    U.S.S. Stargazer, Constellation-Class.

In that order, (of most to least important.)

If you're saying non-canon...

Galen's Legacy-Class U.S.S. Mandela.
    Suricata & Kaden's Pandora-Class Freighter U.S.S. Connestoga-A

14. blueshirt

blueshirt Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

My choice would be the Galaxy class, based on its versatility and beauty.
    But I would refit the bridge with a more circular design and large science station. The original Enterprise can't be beat in terms of ease of information flow to the captain.

I might want to explore the alpha or beta quadrant beyond the known empires. Then again, I'd be happy just exploring planets and nebulae.

15. kitsune

kitsune Captain

As I understand it, Titanic's engineers never made the claim that the ship was unsinkable. It was WSL's idiot marketing department. And then the president started to believe the hype. :(

16. Jaespol

Jaespol Captain

I never forgive the Ent-D for "Rascals"

17. cwl

cwl Commander Red Shirt

the Ent-D is kool since it has a battle bridge.

18. QuasarVM

QuasarVM Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

NCC-1701 Constitution II refit from ST:TMP.

Hands down.

19. Rémi Hébert

Rémi Hébert Ensign Red Shirt

I would choose a Nebula class starship.

It is from the same time period as the Enterprise-D, but the saucer section is directly on the engeneering section and the nacelles are downward.

It's a very quick and very manoeuvrable ship.

Bye!

Rémi

20. Captain Randy Hall

Captain Randy Hall Commodore Commodore

I used to think I'd always find the original Enterprise the best, and I was quite upset that they changed the design for STTMP. However, the moment we saw the refit Enterprise (or the A, if you prefer), it was love at first sight. Definitely the Enterprise A.

As for other favorite ships, second is the Klingon Battle Cruiser. I've loved the cobra head and bat's wings for many years.

Third is the Defiant. It's so different from all the other Starfleet design, and that's a good thing now and then.