The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's the writing and performances for me. I've honestly never really been that into zombie stories, but I love TWD.

2. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I read that the producers are aiming for a 7 year run. I wonder if the ratings keep up if AMC will demand more than 7 seasons.

3. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

It was an obvious call, not just for protection against zombies, but violent humans, too. The group should have picked up every shield in sight, adding to their defense.

Well said, but TWD falls into the same poor scripting traps as many horror films: illogic is the order of the day, few believe in safety in numbers (particularly when outnumbered by zombies), and have no problem moving headlong into a situation they know little about (prison corridors).

It is false drama, and after more than 40 years of cannibal zombie films, there are certain survivor behaviors which need to be retired.

4. TREK_GOD_1

5. TREK_GOD_1

Clearly. How anyone can turn Rick's act of genuine self preservation into being Shane 2.0 or a crazy dictator is kind of odd. Tomas could not be trusted, and was increasingly advesarial. Come on! He's a convict, so he does not necessarily earn the benefit of the doubt, and at the first chance, he proved he was not long for the world (Tiny's execution).

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I hope so. But originality doesn't always translate to popularity-- in fact, it probably seldom does. And we've had post-Apocalyptic shows before. And WD isn't just popular, it's amazingly popular. Very strange.

Same here. I hope that's the reason for the show's success-- too often, quality is punished and moronic crap rewarded.

7. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I was referring more to the ongoing theme last year of Shane accepting that the world had changed and they had to adapt or die, and Rick (and Dale) insisting they had to hold onto their the rules of modern civilized life in order to stay human.

8. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

9. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Interesting Ep. For a second I thought that they were going to spend some time developing the idea of the Governor as a potential "good guy." NOPE!

Plus...does anyone else think that the unnamed black guy that keeps watching Michonne is going to turn out to be the introduction of Tyresse?

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

The Governor is one fucked up in the head son of a bitch...keeping zombie heads floating in aquariums? And sitting there staring at them? What a sick fuck.

11. EmoBorg

EmoBorg Commodore Commodore

I 100% agree with you on that. Keeping heads in your spare room is pretty sick.

12. RJDiogenes

Maybe he watched B5 pre-Apocalypse.

13. EmoBorg

Emperor Cartagia was another fictional sick puppy.

14. WeAreTheBorg

WeAreTheBorg Vice Admiral Admiral

What the actual fuck? I mean I knew he was gonna turn out to be a baddie even without the obvious foreshadowing, but that's some psycho shit. I'm dying to know what the motivation behind that is.

15. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

Oh...the proverbial surface has yet to be scratched.

16. EmoBorg

There was a photograph of his family in the last scene. We didn't see his family in the episode. Maybe they got killed by Walkers and that affected his mental state.

17. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

That was an awesome episode, I liked taking a break from the main group and see how other survivors have dealt with the situation.

I haven't read the comics, but I have heard some things about the Governor, so for most of the episode I was thinking, "well, he doesn't seem to be that bad." And then nope total crazy psycho :lol:

18. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good episode. I don't understand what the scientist's role is though in the community? Is he trying to find ways to tame the zombies? Second question, why did the Governor kill the army guys? Were they a potential threat to his authority?

19. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

^I think he just wanted their supplies and weapons, plus bringing new people in (especially military) could usurp his authority. It seems like he wants to keep a tight control on things.

As for the scientist I think he's just there to examine the zombies to learn about them, their weaknesses etc.

20. RJDiogenes

Yeah, that was what I was expecting from the prison storyline; I got my spoilers crossed. I had some misgivings about this idea, but so far I'm liking it.