Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

As usual, your humor escapes me.

The Beatles are never far from my mind.

Did they? Being a pedant, I'll have to Google it.
    Wiki says their last album was released in 2015 and the group went on hiatus at the end of that year.
    More than you or I wanted to know, I'm sure.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I saw some teenage girls on TV screaming "IT'S NOT FAIR! IT'S NOT FAIR!" when the 6 o'clock evening news broke the story of the split, and then my stepfather said "Who the ###k are these people and why do I have to know this?"

If the split has been downgraded into a hiatus, sorry for passing on bad information. They are still a band who is together, and therefore not like the Beatles who have disbanded and muddled off.

I'm pretty sure that Ulysses is going to wake up a year ago, and decide that his visions of the future are too dangerous to share with the Super hero community, because this that we have been reading including Jim Rhode's death has been a vision/dream and not reality at all.

Or Jim is dead.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Wait...you're saying the Beatles broke up?????

IT'S NOT FAIR! IT'S NOT FAIR!!!!!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Turtletrekker and Guy Gardener like this.
  4. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

5. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm not reading these "Apocalypse Wars" stories but from the descriptions, the actual present day Apocalypse never appears, is that right? Just alternate/past/future versions? That's really disappointing. Pocy hasn't been seen in the modern continuity in what TEN YEARS? He just had a movie come out! Bring back Ole Blue Lips!

6. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The X-Factor Epic Collection that was to collect Apocalypse's first appearances and was supposed to come out during the "Apocalypse Wars" event got delayed, which I thought was odd because of the movie. Where's the synergy?

7. Guy Gardener

Marvel hates FOX.

Marvel wants the X-Men back from FOX.

I'm not sure how well this is holding or when it started, or if what I read was true, but there's orders from up top that no new X-Men are to be invented, because if new characters are invented, FOX is allowed to use them in their movies, and #### FOX.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  8. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

There have been seven or eight mutants invented this year and a good handful the past few years. All of which Fox could use in the movies if they wanted to.

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

They should invent a mutant called The Unrelenting Fox, who has the power to create really bad movies out of thin air. That'd show 'em!

10. Guy Gardener

It seems like an awkward thing to do, which is why I underlined that this embargo might not still be happening or may have never been happening.

This is from an interview with Chris Claremont a year ago.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Why-X-Men-Won-rsquo-t-Give-Us-Any-More-Mutants-67602.html

The article goes on to say that new X-men created under subimprints like Marvel Now, are exempt and FOX can't take them.

11. Alidar Jarok

Chris Claremont must be wrong since there are new characters created. Fox owns the rights to X-book characters, regardless if those books are branded Marvel Now or not (although the characters I mentioned are mostly All-New, All-Different, not Marvel Now). Likewise, I can't think of a mutant character created recently that's not in an X-Book (i.e., a character who Fox won't have the rights to). They've existed in the past (such as the Great Lakes Avengers), but not recently.

In other words, Claremont's claim simply doesn't fit the evidence.

12. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Mr Light likes this.
  13. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Ok, that is..... I'm not really sure what that is.

14. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

15. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

17. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

OR maybe Marvel realizes the Inhuman push isn't working and decides to let the X-Men win this time. Wouldn't it be the biggest twist to have Magneto kill the entire Inhuman Royal Family? Haha, I'd laugh out loud.

But, Marvel's trend of putting Hero vs Hero continues. Although, this time they have amped the stakes. Marvel has graduated from just hero vs hero, to a full on race war.

Death of X promo

[​IMG]

Inhumans vs X-Men

[​IMG]

Once again though, Marvel has inadvertently (or perhaps on purpose) proven Cyclops and Magneto to be right on the core issue.

#Cyclopswasright
    #Magnetowasright

18. Alidar Jarok

Magneto has been right on many occasions. The problem with Magneto isn't his ideals, it's his methods.

M.A.C.O. likes this.
  19. Guy Gardener

You remember that the inflammatory "was right" T-shirts were worn by Quentin Quire because he's an ass?

20. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

Some news about RessurXion and Jane Thor.

For the first time ever, Jean Grey is finally getting a solo book.
    https://66.media.tumblr.com/9d1dd48f68f67025a00e4e0a9e9ab877/tumblr_ofbir37KBy1tgtdrfo1_1280.jpg

And only a couple months after Raven (another character who, like Jean, has been saddled with nothing but remakes of their one classic story from the 80s) got her first solo series.

Now, hold on to your hats. This is the ONE TRUE ORIGIN OF MJOlNIR.
    Mjolnir began as a galaxy busting sentient space storm called the "Mother of Thunder". One day it headed towards Asgard, and Odin beat the storm into submission, put it in a chunk of Uru, and told the dwarves to weaponize it. And thus Mjolnir was forged.

#sarcasm
    The Mother of Thunder is tired of being oppressed by men and chose Jane as her wielder! Not official, but I wouldn't put it past Jason Aaron to go this route with his Jane Thor comic.
    Retconning till things feel right is what Marvel does nowadays.

-As an aside, we may want to rename the thread Marvel Now 2.0 or something. Since All New All Different is dead and Marvel is bringing back the NOW label to their books.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016