What kind of Trekkie are you?

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by bbjeg, Jan 17, 2014.

?

What kind of Trekkie are you?

1. A) I'm a Star Trek Nerd - "I've read the manuals, the encyclopedia, their specifications, I know how

3.9%
  2. B) I'm a Star Trek Geek - "I've seen all the episodes (of that series), do you remember when..."

33.1%
  3. C) I'm a lovable Star Trek Dork - "I collect figures, outfits, trinkets, you name it, I got it."

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. A and B - "I'm deeply committed to the mythos, not much on the paraphernalia."

34.3%
  5. A and C - "I put more time in everything else (books, games, or collectables) than the show."

2.2%
  6. B and C - "I've seen all of that series and I'm a collector. I don't know the specifications."

10.1%
  7. A, B, and C - "I'm a hardcore Trekkie."

16.3%
  1. geotrek

geotrek Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've just started to read and collect manuals, encyclopedias, etc. When I have time, I go and read stuff on Star Fleet Academy and the Star Trek website... so mainly B and C.

2. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Let's see... Geek, probably. Hard B. Soft A and even softer C. Or something.

3. Kevin Thomas Riley

Kevin Thomas Riley Admiral Admiral

In Engineering singing "Kathleen" with T'Pol
    B, with a softer A and C. I've seen all the shows and movies at least once (except TAS), some multiple times, and own it all on DVD and Bluray. I have some novels, comics and reference books. I also have some ship models and figures (mostly the retro Megos).

I don't know what that makes me but I voted for B/C because that felt closest. I certainly don't like everything Trek (I especially don't care for Abramstrek) and some shows are better than others, and some characters better than other. But generally I'm into the mythos, or world-building.

4. Vorpal_Blade

Vorpal_Blade Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I am B and C. I love the technical aspects as well as enjoying watching the shows ad movies. (Except Kelvin Universe).

5. e3jeremey

e3jeremey Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Really it all describes me. I haven't worked my way up to an outfit yet but I have plenty of collectibles on top of all my trek books and I can talk the episodes all day long. I'm just trying to will myself to watch TAS finally.

bbjeg likes this.
  6. donners22

donners22 Commodore Commodore

I used to be B & C - bought over 100 novels and most of the PC games, and spent a stack on the Star Trek CCG.

However, I stopped buying novels around 2001, the game stopped coming out and the CCG died. I suppose that means I'm just B now.

7. KennyB

KennyB I have spoken............ Moderator

I have seen everything, can't quote Starfleet regulations or engine specs.........I do have a shelf full of ships and maybe a phaser or two.

8. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I picked B and C. I've seen every episode, and I have a few model spaceships and books. But I don't go overboard with my collecting. However, truth be told, I'd collect more if I could afford to.

bbjeg likes this.
  9. new_mercury

new_mercury Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I've gone for B&C
    I've got and read the tech manuals but I can't remember most of it! The eps I've seen countless times and my recall is pretty good
    My collecting isn't as prolific as it once was now being a family man! It mostly consists of books and T shirts with some mugs and the occasional models thrown in.

bbjeg likes this.
  10. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

I kind of want to add a "D) I'm just your average fan" to the poll but lots of votes have been cast already and even though change your vote is on, the poll wouldn't reflect those who don't come back's votes correctly.

Or maybe I'm over thinking it.

11. xanne

xanne Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

None of them... I'm just enjoying the show as it is.
    I've got one book about TOS, one book and a magazine about TNG series and a biography, though; I did read a few comics, some interviews, a few fanfics and I had a quick look to the technical manual, to some specifications; just being curious, but not learning every aspect of it.
    Maybe it's just me, but I haven't got much money to get everything of the show, so I just get what I think is worthy.

12. Vger23

Vger23 Vice Admiral Admiral

A, B, and C and proud of it

bbjeg likes this.