What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

in that case you're questioning the existence of that entire game

Idran likes this.
  2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah, that's why I ended up getting rid of it :lol: I knew it had a bit of that before starting, but I didn't know how much of it was just mundane stuff that was put in just because they could.

3. Balok's Decoy

Balok's Decoy Commodore Commodore

Finished ODST. Really cool concept, and love Nathan Fillion as Buck. The animations are a bit dated though. Great story, strong gameplay.

Played around with demos for ReCore, Halo Wars 2, and Tron Run/r. ReCore looks the most appealing to me, but apparently it got very mixed reviews?

Aaaand still getting all the skulls and terminals in Halo CE, because I am obsessed with the MCC.

Bender1001 likes this.
  4. Bender1001

Bender1001 Ensign Newbie

^^ yessssss ODST! I feel like the only person that really loved it (atmosphere and story).

Currently playing Breath of the Wild and waiting for Mass Effect 3 to arrive in the mail (played 1 and 2 but not 3...feel like I need to finish it all before getting Andromeda).

Balok's Decoy likes this.
  5. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

If you have an Xbox One all three mass effect games are on EA Access. A service that is well worth the yearly subscription.

6. John Clark

John Clark Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not really an X-Box user, but after I played the first Halo on PC, ODST is the one I really wanted to try (and later Reach)

7. Balok's Decoy

ODST is a lot of fun. It kinda switches between traditional Halo levels and these interesting, quiet, almost noir levels when you play as Rookie. It's different in a good way. The one thing about it that annoyed me though was if your shields drop and your health drops to a certain level, the game will start beeping at you and it won't stop until you pick up some health. Super irritating. Other than that, it's solid. Definitely worth a try. Haven't played Reach yet, but it's on my list.

Since you've only played Halo CE, I gotta say, you need to play 2-5! As someone who waited way too long to play those games, I highly recommend giving them a try. It's now my favorite video game franchise, and one of my all-time favorite sci-fi stories.

8. John Clark

I hadn't mentioned it, but yeah, I've played a little of two as well (PC again though)

One of mates owns all of them so far (I just have the novels and albums) so when he get's his xbox working/replaced again, I'll have to raid his collection and console:)

9. kirk55555

I just finished a "lethal/bad" playthrough of Dishonored. It was pretty fun just going wild (still trying to be stealthy, but using all the deadly tools available). Since I got the GOTY disc, I'll be playing the two story DLC next.

10. Bender1001

Bender1001 Ensign Newbie

Definitely worth your time! I'd almost say ODST and Reach to an extent are better than Halo 3 in some ways even.

11. Balok's Decoy

ODST is very character driven, so for people who expect that kind of development in their games, ODST will probably be more appealing than a lot of the main Halo stories, which tend to be plot-driven.

12. John Clark

That, (and the voice cast) is probably why I fancy it.

I did like the others that I've played, but from the description, ODST did sound very good.

13. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Back in the day, I ordered ODST and a boxset of Firefly at the same time. The synergy was glorious :lol:

14. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

After countless hours playing Zelda, I decided it was time to defeat Ganon and be done with it. I didn't have all the memories yet and go do that first or you might be disappointed. So I'm now going back to do that. Decided to look online a little bit, I'm still trying to find them through gameplay as much as possible instead of using guides but I couldn't find the guy who gives you clues any more. Turns out you can put a lot of hours in the game and beat most of it and still be missing stuff, and not little things but whole settlements and stables!!! This game just has so much content and details, it's really amazing, I know there's some kind of DLC or expansion or whatever they call it but they certainly didn't short the main game.

15. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

I just tried Far Cry 3 on the XB1 via back compat, and MS are really hitting it out of the ballpark with BC these days, FC3 is amazing, run's and look's way better than it ever did on the xbox 360, a new level of BC on 360 games on the xb1 with FC3, i hope this continues, so great work by the BC team at MS.

16. Space Coast

Space Coast Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Persona 5 was in development for at least seven years and it STILL restricts your ability to save outside of cutscenes.

What the hell, Atlus?

17. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

I decided to restart Tales of Xilia (and might end up starting it over AGAIN since I missed out on some stuff), but that's not really why I'm posting right now. The main reason I'm posting here right now is because I have a question that I couldn't find any place else to ask:
    I gave a friend of mine my copy of Super Street Fighter IV intending to buy a physical copy of Ultra Street Fighter IV, but then remembered that the game doesn't have a physical copy on the system I was going to buy it for, the PS4, so I'm now trying to decide if I should buy the physical copy release for the PS3 or buy the digital release for the PS4. Anybody have thoughts/recommendations (keeping in mind that I'm not really a "digital release" kind of person and prefer to have physical copies as much as possible)?

18. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

Currently playing Tales of Berseria.

Enjoying the most grownup plot Tales has ever done. No idealistic youths out on the adventure of their lives, a vengeful demon slightly more pissed off than Beatrix Kiddo.

I don't think 'Save anywhere' is necessarily required as long as it never goes more than 10-15 minutes without a save point. If you can save after every battle you have no reason to fear losing ordinary battles. "Save anywhere" trades off a little convenience for the feeling of risk and survival in dungeons, which in my opinion makes dungeons less exciting.

19. kirk55555

Started Final Fantasy VII (PS1 Classic on PS3). I'm only about 40 minutes in, but its decent so far. I like the FF series (I've beaten V, VI, IX, and X-2), but VII is at a bit of a disadvantage because its been so overhyped that I consider it overrated. Plus, I know the big spoiler. Still, as long as the turn based mechanics are fun, and the story isn't too bad, I'm sure it will be fine. A terrible story is the reason I couldn't finish FF X and XIII, but even if VII ends up being overrated I doubt it could get as bad storywise as those two games.

20. od0_ital

od0_ital Admiral Admiral

Was running around doing errands the other day, found a used Randall Boggs game piece for Disney Infinity 1.0.

So, I started the Monsters University level a couple of days ago, since I have all three character game pieces now.