Hell on Wheels Season 2 *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by auntiehill, Aug 13, 2012.

1. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Woo! It's back, thank God. I love this show.

So, anyone else watching? A lot of set-up going on in this first episode. Not terribly sure why Bohannon is doing what he's doing, but seeing as he's the main character, I'm not too worried for him.

Interesting, and disgusting, turn of events for The Swede, and the one Irish brother (the younger?) seems to definitely be headed down a darker path than his dimwitted relative. Bad things will result, I gather.

What did you think?

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I wouldn't call the other brother "dimwitted". Just less opportunistic. Not sure how I feel about the sudden shift to all the constructed sets. It sort of gets away from the premise of this ever moving tent city following the railroad construction. Makes everyone too comfortable.

When Common (I forget the character name) visited his old girlfriend did I hear a baby crying? Has the story advanced a whole 9 months?

3. auntiehill

^I didn't hear a baby. But then, I wasn't listening for one, either, so I guess there could have been. But that also could be just background noise.

4. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

The cable blew out at my place and the landlord still hasn't fixed it yet. Mind filling me in on the premiere?

5. auntiehill

^I can do better than that. You can watch the entire episode HERE
    on AMC's website. I assume your internet is still up and running?

6. Shanndee

Shanndee Commodore Commodore

There definitely was a lot of set up with this episode. I'm with sojourner in regards to the permanent housing. It takes away from the uncomfortable, uprooted feeling the show had in the first season. However, I don't expect this to last! The Swede's sneer at the use of the word "community" in regards to the settlement was very telling!

I think the Irish bothers are going to play an important role in the downfall of the "town", and I think the preacher has an important role to play here as well...

We'll see what happens next week!

7. Star Wolf

Star Wolf Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Call me Mr. Ferguson, Elam to his friends.

8. auntiehill

I just noticed my cable company doesn't have next week's listed as NEW, but it is. Had to set the dvr to record it manually. Anyone recording might want to check theirs as well.

9. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not sold on the show yet. I'm not saying it's bad, but none of the actors have stood out to me yet as being truly powerful. The closest they have is maybe the Swede & the preacher

I'm still watching though. It's not a wasted hour of tv by a long shot, but I figure I'm biased from being one of the biggest Deadwood fans. It's not nearly as gripping & gritty as that show was. I feel like the show is still undefined, much in the way lots of early seasons of other tv shows are

10. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

The Preacher is Cain from Robocop 2.

11. sojourner

yes. and the ax murderer from The Last Action Hero.

12. auntiehill

OK, now we seem to moving in the right direction. We finally get a little information about Bohannon's behavior, see Lily take some action, find out the Sioux are coming, and all the players are back together in camp.

But, damn, if that wasn't the creepiest damn smile on the Swede's face.

13. sojourner

Yeah, that little bit at the end was great. Now to get things rolling.

14. BennyRussel

BennyRussel Commander Red Shirt

Right around the corner. Just across the track.
    Random thoughts:

1. No question to me - The Swede season 1 was awesome and reminded me of Odo's instinctual need to maintain order. He genuinely cannot fathom how a murderer can not only be allowed to roam free, but also be given an important, respected position with the railroad.

2. Colm Meaney was the reason I started watching this show. Colm is as great as always but I don't know how I feel about the character of Durant yet. He seems like a generic Bad Boss Character so far. It was definitely a good idea to pair him with Lily as an equal/foil.

3. I was actually relieved when it seemed that Eva and Mr. Toole were out of the picture. I don't care for either character that much.

4. Somehow I think that the Joseph/Ruth/Preacher storyline will become more important over the coming weeks.

5. Sean McGinnes is an asshole.

15. auntiehill

^Yes, he is. I think some seriously bad things are headed his way.

16. auntiehill

Holy Crap, that Mickey McGinness is a right idiot. Don't confess to shit you DIDN'T do. I think now, however, he will definitely be a changed man. And what the hell is Eva playing at? "You can't kiss me; I'm a married lady!" *SNOG* What was THAT about?

I love the Swede as the bringer of chaos to the camp. He just upsets the apple cart wherever he goes. Awesome.

And the episode was very aptly named "Slaughterhouse." Bleh. :ack:

17. sojourner

I love this show, but so far each episode this season has felt like the middle episode of a 3 parter. I just keep waiting for a good pay-off episode.

18. auntiehill

I think it's building to something big. At least I hope it is.

19. BennyRussel

BennyRussel Commander Red Shirt

Right around the corner. Just across the track.
    Not a lot of recent activity in this thread.

Does anyone sense enthusiasm for this show starting to wane?

Mine is a little.

Any thoughts?

20. sojourner

The show's episodes seem to be missing something. I'm entertained and enjoy watching, but I keep waiting for a climax in the literary sense that just isn't there.