Dark Mirror

Discussion in 'Trek Literature' started by Hoshi_Mayweather, Jan 3, 2009.

1. Anika Hanson

Anika Hanson Captain Captain

I really enjoyed this story. I actually listened to the 3 hour audiobook version but would like to read the actual novel in about 6 months because I'd love to get into the finer details of the mu characters.

2. Paris

Paris Commodore Commodore

^I also just listened to the 3 hour audiobook, and really enjoyed it:bolian:. I have the hardcover and read it a few years ago; Diane Duane's full novel does not disappoint, as I have found out lately, is the usual case when it comes to Ms. Duane.:) Hope you enjoy it!

3. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Just out of curiosity, who reads the audiobook version?

4. Paris

No one said they read it, just that we listened to it;). Audiobooks are perfect for when you're stuck in traffic or out on a jog or bike ride:cool:. They are mostly abridged versions that get released so things are cut out, but every once in awhile (like the Vulcan's Soul trilogy) they get released unabridged and you get to listen to a 10 hour audiobook! It's just one more medium on top of Movies, TV, Books, and Comics for us to enjoy trek:bolian:. You should open your mind and try one out. You might like something new and different.

5. Brefugee

Brefugee No longer living the Irish dream. Premium Member

I'm sure JD meant to ask who READS the audio book in the context of them someone reading the text and thus speaking the words so you can listen to them! Say like Stephen Fry reads the Harry Potter novels for the audio versions!

6. Paris

Well...I feel like an ass:alienblush:...My bad dude. I totally should of realized what JD meant. Q...I mean John DeLancie, read it. I always like it when one of the actors from the series reads an audiobook...they usually get almost all of name pronounciations correct:techman:

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah thats what I wanted to know, thanks.

8. rfmcdpei

rfmcdpei Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Sure, they're a couple ... but it's not as if she had any choice in it."

Worse, Troi likes to play.

In the meantime, the phrase "prejudicial terraforming" says so much about the MU.

9. Sci

Sci Fleet Admiral Admiral

You are confusing the idea of submission with the idea of subjugation or oppression.

Being subjugated or oppressed does not mean you have submitted to that subjugation, it simply means that a group of people are using organized force to deprive you of your natural rights. And that's exactly what was happening to Kira and every other Bajoran by the Cardassian Union.