Mortal Kombat: Legacy Episode 1 is Online!

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

My favorite character is dead already unfortunately lol.

2. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Vice Admiral Admiral

^ Who would that be exactly?

I really want to see them do origin stories for Sindel, Sheeva, and Noob Saibot (especially since we know that, for the reboot/new game, it is the younger Sub Zero that competes in the original tournament, rather than the elder).

3. Admiral_Young

Johnny Cage of course. :)

4. DigificWriter

Why do you say he's 'already dead'? He's not only in the new game, he's going to be in one of the Legacy episodes (as per the trailer).

5. Admiral_Young

I'm still thinking about "Rebirth" damn.

6. DigificWriter

^ You never did answer my question about what characters you'd like to see explored in a second season of Legacy.

7. Admiral_Young

^ Sorry, that's because I was still thinking about it. I'm not feeling well so this might take me a while to get back on that.

8. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just picked up the new game and it is pretty cool, but very awkward to play because of the fact you have to press and hold a button to block. Going to take a little time to get to used to that again. As a long time fighting game fan I've been playing games like Street Fighter, Marvel vs Capcom 2 and 3 and the SNK ones where you just hold back to block and that feels way more natural.

Kung Lao and Liu Kang would be cool to see in a 2nd season, but we still don't know who else is going to appear this season. I'll wait until its over to make that assessment.
    Some of the secondary ninjas like Smoke/Noob Saibot/Ermac would be cool to see though. Although, there are way too many characters in this universe, maybe they shouldn't go beyond the cast of UMK3 before it gets way too convoluted like the game did.

9. TedShatner10

TedShatner10 Commodore Commodore

Why is there an endless chain of badly spelled comments stating how old or/and ugly Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade is? :cardie:

She looks quite radiant in this interview for example, I don't fucking get it. No wonder YouTube commentors are seen as the absolute dregs of the internets.

10. Obiwanshinobi

Probably because the majority of people on YT are really young (probably did not watch ST: Voyager) and have shitty attitudes.

11. Holdfast

Holdfast Fleet Admiral Admiral

Part 2 wasn't bad at all. I enjoyed the Kano/Jax fight, esp. seeing what looked like one of Jax's special moves, and of course the final gruesome punch.

The eps are a bit too short to really immerse the viewer, once you skip past the recap and end with the start of the long credit sequence. But apart from that squibble, I'm enjoying them. Not quite as much as last year's Cage/Baraka trailer, but still good fun.

12. Admiral_Young

They're short and sweet and to the point. I think they do their job brilliantly. The short film trailer was longer I believe because they intended it to be a pitch. These are designed specifically to be short. Can't wait for the Sub-Zero and Scorpion episodes.

13. Obiwanshinobi

I wanna see Katana, Jade and Meleena.

14. Admiral_Young

Kitana will be in this season. I don't remember about Jade and Meleena.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  15. Obiwanshinobi

I hope they appear in the obligatory hot tub scene that all MK movies should have had.

16. DigificWriter

I haven't heard anything about Jade, but Legacy will feature both Kitana and Mileena

It doesn't sound like you've watched that trailer I linked to, because it more or less features all of the characters whose origin stories Tancheroen will be spotlighting with the remaining 8 episodes of Legacy.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  17. Obiwanshinobi

Nah, did not watch it before I posted, but it looks good! Kind of in the vein of Hong Kong movies. Now if somebody can reboot the Street Fighter franchise into something better than what we've got as well. The shorts for those werent nearly as impressive as Rebirth.

18. Admiral_Young

^ I think the key to that is someone who has as passion for "Street Fighter" the way Kevin Tancheroen does for "Mortal Kombat".

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I can't get into to see the episode yet. I needed to set up a account to get past the age alert, and I apparently misspelled something in my password or name, so I couldn't get back on after I signed off briefly. I'll probably try again sometime in the next couple days.

Why is there an age alert on this one and not the first?

20. Admiral_Young

What? There was an age alert? I just clicked it and watched it. There were no prompts or anything. There's probably one due to the violent and gore in the episode.