You are a Mad man!

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by RobertScorpio, Mar 16, 2009.

1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

So many star trek(s)..in all the trek episodes/movies, who was the most 'mad' in a scene. I don't mean over a period of time, I mean just one scene..and when I mean mad, I don't mean "mad" like Kirk was when he was pretending to be nuts in ENTERPRISE INCIDENT and ate so much scenery its one of the reason TOS was cancelled..wink wink..

What I mean is anger so 'there' it oozes from their eyes......

My vote didn't even say a word. When Khan unraps his head gear thingy and took it off and we, and chekov, see who it is? Khans eyes give such the impression of a subtle, deep anger....it still holds me now when ever I see TREK 2...what are some of your picks?

Rob

2. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

Rob,

I want to say first off that I liked every bit of the Enterprise Incident and I don't think anything in that episode has led to its cancellation. It's a fun adventure about spying, espionage, deciepts, double-takes. Too bad the sequel novel to it sucked away all the spirit of that glorious episode.

I always thought that Rene A. did a good job of making Odo angry. Whenever he was even a bit angry he'd shake his head slightly in exasperation with a hurumph.

I think Kirk played anger really well in Star Trek 3.

I also have to give Kudos for Casey Biggs, as the undercurrent of anger Damar felt as season 7 progress was dead-on. People can quarrel with other aspects of that season but his character was the anchor that you were always thinking about.

3. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Oh, I love ENTERPRISE INCIDENT too..but come on dude...when Kirk starts uttering "I KILL YOU!!" with his eye nearly popping out of his head, even I as a pure shatner lover (i can't stand takie!) even I can see ham on a plate...

Rob

4. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

No it's that very episode that is most glorius to me. It isn't Shatner overacting as Kirk..(which is what you imply) it's actually Kirk overacting as crazy..in order to sell the Romulans on it.

Big difference

5. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

..and his own crew. We will have to agree to disagree. But the third season, and this episode IMO, are clearly what is meant by 'shatneresque' acting..

Rob

6. trevanian

trevanian Rear Admiral

daystrom
    ultimate computer

7. Thor Damar

Thor Damar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thor Damar, God of thunder and monologue..
    I'm going to second Damar of course, his righteous anger at the betrayal of the Cardassian people and his attempts to free Cardassia from the Dominion made Season 7 great IMHO.

Gul Dukat's "I am the last cardassian" speech from Return to Grace deseves a mention for the badassery of the scene!

8. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

I pick Sisko at the end of "Far Beyond the Stars" as the most mad scene, but I don't mean that as a compliment. It was supposed to be a powerfully poignant scene and an intensely emotional climax, but I thought it was laughably corny and really exposed Avery Brooks' shortcomings as an actor. I saw a featurette about it where the actors were talking about how awesome his performance was in that scene and how they thought he should have won awards for it, and I just wanted to shake my head disappovingly at how delusional they were for thinking such a thing.

Even at his most hammy, Shatner never went that far over-the-top. It was a pretty pathetic excuse for a moving nervous breakdown. Another example of a scene worthy of recognition as one of the biggest Star Trek 'freak outs' (and one I enjoyed much more) was Shatner's freak out in "The Enemy Within" where he bellows, "I AM CAPTAIN KIRK!". Such a great moment.

9. sbk1234

sbk1234 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If you're talking nuts, it would have to be Dukat.
    Some honorable mentions include Daystrom, and Van Gelder.

10. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

Yeah...Dukut was pretty lost in the episode WALTZ. Alot of fans don't like that episode, but I do. Great follow up to Sacrafice of Angels...

Rob

11. Shieldsdown

Shieldsdown Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Garth disguised as Kirk at the transporter controls in "Whom Gods Destroy", or maybe Doctor McCoy under the effects of cordrazine in "COTEOF".

12. Too Much Fun

Too Much Fun Commodore Commodore

Great choices I wish I'd remembered. MURDERERS! ASSASSINS! :)