An Elementary theory

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Joe Washington, May 10, 2013.

1. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

After finally getting to watch the final episode, I'm feeling crossed. I really do like Elementary, in fact its my favorite new show of the year. I just felt like this final episode was a let down. I wasn't surprised by the fact that Irene was Moriarty, just the whole endgame seamed forced and rushed. I think I'm agreeing with MLB when I say that L&O:CI Nicole Wallace was way better then how this was played out. l do want to recognize the fact that I think in this episode, Lucy Liu gave the greatest performance of her career. The wordplay between the two actresses, when at the restaurant was fantastic. Her genuine concern for Holmes health and her lead in the investigation, really her best work as an actress.

2. Relayer1

Relayer1 Admiral Admiral

I haven't seen the last one yet, but I'd hope that there's more to it than Irene being Moriarty. There's room for a few twists in season two...

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

I'm sure that for a master criminal like Moriarty, being arrested won't be the end of her criminal career. It wouldn't be easy to dismantle her organization. For those who watch Person of Interest, think of Elias. He's been in prison for most of his time on the series, yet is still a significant player. I can easily imagine Moriarty playing a similar role here.

4. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

So, in the finale, Holme's "drug overdose" takes place next to a running shower.

running shower = falling water = water fall and the drug overdose = death.

Get it? get it?

5. Christopher

^That's a reach-enbach...

6. sojourner

But he even faked it. Just like in the books.

7. Christopher

^Okay, I'll grant you that. But I feel that if they'd intended to do a riff on Reichenbach Falls, they wouldn't have been so understated about it.

8. sojourner

I thought it was wonderfully understated. It managed to avoid tipping the viewer off to the fake out but still becomes apparent on later thought.