Person of Interest Season 3

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Bob Morton, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Bob Morton

Bob Morton Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

[​IMG]

With the Machine on the move, Root and Shaw added to the cast, I'm really looking forward to the new stories.

Tonight at 10pm!

2. Bob Morton

Last nights episode was pretty good, though not spectacular like the last two of the previous season. All the cast got some good screen time and contributed to the resolution. The new girls had some great lines and Carter seems to be working on her own thing now.

I really cant see Finch drinking a Boilermaker, though, and I missed Bear.

3. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Watched it last night. It was a solid season opener but nothing mind blowing. I think they are taking Shaw's tough as nails persona a little too far with that scene of her eating a steak off a knife though. That was a bit much. You can be tough and still enjoy a proper meal.

Also, there was a scene with Bear in it but it was pretty short.

4. Kabraxal

Kabraxal Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Considering her history in special ops, eating like that is nothing out of the ordinary. Man or woman, anyone that is used to be eating on the run or in situations away from a table and such, just stabbing a steak and eating it like that is really kind of normal. I know just on campouts and hikes, most people I"m with don't tend to use plates if they can avoid it.

5. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Pretty average opener, but I like Root freaking out the poor psychiatrist.

I hope the additional cast doesn't cut short Finch's screen time. I'm really hoping to see more about him this season.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  6. jayceee

jayceee Commander Red Shirt

7. Bob Morton

The POI himself was pretty lame, but the remainder of the episode was good. There were some memorable scenes; Shaw and Reese in the boat, the ladies and their weapons, Root's semi-God-Mode escape and Bear's giant bone.

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I thought it was a great episode. The scenes with Root really stole the show.

9. auntiehill

Not a bad episode tonight--a bit predictable, except the ending. But, EESSH, the guest star actress was awful. At first I thought her voice had been dubbed over, but I realized she was just a very bad actress.

10. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

I love this show and I don't think I've ever watched an episode I didn't enjoy, until last night.

Agree. Kathleen Rose Perkins was not impressive at all, especially when she opened her mouth. :lol: It was like she was slow reading the script trying to pronounce each word correctly, you know lke teaching a little kid to read.

Reminded me of a Star Trek Deep Space Nine episode Paradise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_(Star_Trek:_Deep_Space_Nine)).

The actress that played Alixus (Gail Strickland) ...

[​IMG]

Her voice was horrible. Made we look at the TV and say "is she doing this on purpose?"

:rolleyes:

11. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

They had to give it some kind of twist so that it didn't resemble Double Jeopardy too much. ;)

Apparently the actress struggled to find work for six years and had to take other jobs to support herself.

12. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

You know, I thought I was the only one that was driven bonkers by Gail Strickland in that episode, but I guess not. Her voice modulated up and down in these peculiar and annoying ways. I agree with you, just a horrible voice.

Sad to say, but I also agree with you about this episode of PoI being the first true stinker in 3 seasons. The WAY too complicated scheme by the lawyer couple, the marring of the photo to clue Carter and Finch to the wife's true feelings :rolleyes:, and our heroes being fooled WAY too easily. This was a standard episode from a lesser show, not a PoI episode, which are typically head and shoulders above this sort of tripe.

Still: Three seasons in and this is the first episode that felt subpar to me -- that's a pretty fine success ratio.

13. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

That season one episode where John had to babysit some kid played by an X-Factor contestant seemed pretty bad to me.

14. Yanks

Yanks Commodore Commodore

Even if you count that as two, it's still one of the strongest series I can remember and light years stronger than any trek.

15. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

How wonderful is Bear? Not only can he act sick, he catches bad guys! And he's so happy to get "an expensive chew toy." I love that dog!

Oh, and last episode? The gun comparison was great! I like how they're incorporating the ladies. Not too much, but enough.

16. Sto-Vo-Kory

Sto-Vo-Kory Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

"Not everyone gets to be the ward of a reclusive billionaire."

Really enjoyed this episode, especially the Carter as bad-ass portion. And that ending! Great set-up for next week's episode.

17. auntiehill

^That was a good episode. I liked that Carter finally put the smack-down on stupid-young-partner; that was great.

Looking forward to next week's---Shaw vs Root. Should be good!

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Shaw's bad girl act has been a little over the top this season but I like the glimpses into the character that we're getting.

19. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Wow! For the second straight week, two seemingly different storylines intersect. And the latest group of bad guys return with a name to go by.

20. Bob Morton

Another excellent episode. I too enjoy how the storylines intersect.

The part where Reese finds the fridgefull of heavy weaponry but it's "nothing unexpected" was good and calls back to Reeses collection in the library that Finch didn't approve of in Season 1.

Is Kevin Chapman doing another show or working on a movie? It seems like he only gets one or two short scenes every week.

I liked Finch and Roots conversation at the end. Who can really say what the Machine wants? But I'm eager to find out what the new "third catagory" is.