Holy ....! Doctor Who/Star Trek Crossover coming From IDW!

Discussion in 'Doctor Who' started by StCoop, Feb 10, 2012.

1. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

I checked with the comic stores around here, and nobody seems to know ... When is this thing coming out? I've heard May, I've heard June, but nobody seems to have a real date answer.

2. Methos

Methos Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

i was told May 24th by my comic store, but that's probably dependant on your comic store's location and country...

M

3. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

I suspect an elaborate hoax.

4. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Thanks, Methos!

Nice to see you around, Bones. Hope you're feeling better.

5. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

Two weeks from tomorrow. May 30th.

6. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

It's about time. When I heard this was coming out in May I figured it'd be the first half of May. I feel like I've been waiting forever, lol. I can deal with the 30th though.

7. Ghost Bones

Ghost Bones Captain Captain

Cheers pal.

No doubt that'll unsort itself when series 7 starts, but live in hope eh.

8. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

9. The Wormhole

The Wormhole Fleet Admiral Admiral

The vibe I kind of get off that review is that this is one of those things where everyone has their own ideas of how it should be, and anything any different would be an automatic disappointment.

One thing from the review I feel like commenting on:

The theory I've been operating on since this story was first announced is that since the Cybusmen have already travelled from one universe to another (Pete's world to the Prime Who-verse) maybe now they feel the need (for whatever reason) to go to another universe (like Prime Trek-verse)?

10. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Given that the "art" looks like a load of photos run through some photoshop filters to make it look like painted artwork I'd say it's just from the bulk of available reference having the C on it.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/1205/29/startrekdoctorwho17.htm

And as with most of these sort of crossover stories I'm guessing it'll just pretend that they all exist in the same fictional universe.

11. The Wormhole

Problem with that is Star Trek has been referanced as being fictional many times in Doctor Who, most recentally in Closing Time. So I imagine they might want to add some referance to it being a speerate universe.

12. StCoop

StCoop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Wow. Just finished the first issue and all of the Who/TNG character art is photographs that have been made to look like they've been painted.

You wait your whole life for something and it gets done in the cheapest way possible. The really annoying thing is that IDW's regular Who books have had great art from people like Matthew Dow Smith. What a shame.

13. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

yeah, it was disappointing.

14. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Count me in as another who was left feeling underwhelmed by the first issue. This was no where near the awesomeness I was expecting, especially after how damn good the Star Trek/Legion crossover was. The art was...well...StScoop hit it on the head. The writing was meh. I didn't get any kind of sense of fun from this.

15. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

I'm not a comic book fan, never have been... well not since I read Dennis the Mennis and the Dandy when I was a kid, and to a comic book outsider such as myself the artwork looks totally AMAZING compared to what I'd usually expect from the comics I currently see in book shops! best comic book artwork that I have every seen in my opinion. I've downloaded the comic, but have yet to read it... impression just from the artwork so far though is WOW!

16. Silent_Bob

Silent_Bob Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Picked up the 1st issue today, i have to say they have absolutely nailed the 11th Doctor's "voice".

17. marillion

marillion Vice Admiral Admiral

Sweet! I'll have to go check my pull box this weekend!

18. ToddKent

ToddKent Captain Captain

I'm ok with a slow paced story but, yeah, that art is horrible.

The third to last page on the panel where Rory says "Brrr, it's chilly out here..." - Wow, that's a bad photoshop of Rory. Looks like a psychopath cut out a picture from a newspaper and tried to paste it on somebody else's body.

19. Joy

Joy Commodore Commodore

I can't find it.... What stores should I be looking for it? I tried Barnes 'n' Noble, but they had zero IDW comic issues, even though they used to carry the latest DW issues... Dunno what happened.

20. The Wormhole

Comic book stores are wear I always buy IDW comics.