Miley Cyrus Comes Forward As A 'Glee' Hater

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Dusty Ayres, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

The rights to songs often belong to the record companies, not to the artists. While the artists may get a royalty from a song's use, they generally don't have control over where and when the song is licensed for use.

2. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Who cares what Miley thinks

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

1) Miley is entitled to her own opinion, however uninformed it might be.

2) Hermiod is entitled to his own opinion, however uninformed it might be.

3) I am entitled to my own opinion, however uninformed it might be.

That said, I love Glee. I think it's brilliant. I guess I can see what it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea, but I just don't get the hate. It's damn TV show. If you don't like it, don't fucking watch it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  4. Canadave

Canadave Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not a fan, myself. I find it comes off as rather cheesy, and I don't like the style of music they do, either. To each their own, however.

5. DeafPoet

DeafPoet Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Hmmm, one thing I dislike hates another thing I dislike?

Cool, I guess.

6. Admiral2

Admiral2 Admiral Admiral

Since it seems to be a requirement for fans of certain shows that others must watch their show before they comment, I offer this:

I've seen Glee.

It is self-important pablum.

It's what you get when writers and producers try to prove how hip and witty they are.

I would rather invite Klansmen to my home than watch it regularly.

But I have watched it. Satisfied?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2010
  7. doubleohfive

^
    Again, as I said ... it's your choice as to whether you like it or not. I certainly don't begrudge you your choice. I think it's a much more informed opinion you have come to if you've watched the show and still don't like it, but even the people who don't like it, don't watch it because they don't like it, or don't like it without having ever seen an episode --- all's fair in love and television.

I just don't understand the people who go out of their way to piss and moan about it (or whatever show of the week we're discussing) to the extent of raining on everyone else's parade.

Then again, your sig quotes Warped9, who suffers from precisely this problem, so maybe my words don't count for much...

8. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

Wow. Anger issues? :lol: Jeez.

9. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

It's fine to have a negative opinion.

It's ridiculous to have one about a show you've never even seen, criticize it for shit that doesn't make any sense because you haven't seen it, and then go out of your way to bitch and moan about it any time the topic comes up despite your blatant and unquestionable ignorance on the subject.

Oh, and intolerance of bullshit does not equal anger.

10. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Well, I'm going to be busy for a while since I now have to watch every minute of television ever broadcast in order to know whether or not I want to watch it.

Still waiting for someone to tell me where I actually criticised Glee beyond saying it's not my sort of show - just as Ms. Cyrus did. Up until this morning I was under the impression that it was okay to choose to watch a show or not based on things like reviews and trailers.

Edit - Checkmate, show me the post where I criticised the show. You do understand the difference between not wanting to watch a show and hating it, right?

11. Checkmate

Checkmate Commodore

Backpeddle all you want. The intent of your first post is clear, especially considering the title of the thread.

12. doubleohfive

Oh for fuck's sake! Passive-aggressive much?

Dude is this really the hill you want to die on?

You don't like Glee. You said so. People disagreed. Life moves on.

13. The Evil Dead

The Evil Dead Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm very, very, very pro-Miley on this important issue.

14. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Wrong. Once again, someone misinterpreted an article. Cyrus doesn't say she hates the show, only that musicals in general are not her thing - which is strange given her profession. As my mother's son, I have watched and enjoyed countless musicals and not enjoyed countless more.

I agreed with her on that and wondered why musicals had undergone such a resurgence in popularity. People who can comprehend the written word can see that, why can't you?

I, like any other vaguely sane person, base my choice of entertainment on personal preference. That does not make me or anyone else 'ignorant'. It makes me a person with a finite amount of time and money to spend on entertainment.

Now, I asked the question for a reason. I am genuinely interested in why people think musicals are suddenly so popular again.

15. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Arsenal fans. :sigh:

16. gblews

gblews Vice Admiral Admiral

I know where Miley is coming from. I used to be among the "I hate musicals" brigade many years ago. Ironic too, since I have loved all types of music for years and am have been an amateur musician for most of my life.

Anyway, I got a bit older and a little more mature and open minded and most importantly, finally happened to catch a musical on T.V. whose songs I liked a lot. That's when realized that not all musicals were the same and that as long as I liked the songs, I could really like "musicals".

Miley may find out as she matures that there likely will always be some musicals out there she doesn't like, but that there are some she can like.

OTOH, maybe she is uncomfortable with seeing that there are lots of kids out there around her age who are much better singers than she (except the dude who plays "Phin").

17. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

People disagreed that he doesn't like the show? :confused:

I've seen a couple episodes of the show, trying to get into it, it's decent enough with a good cast.

18. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Giving a critical evaluation of a show is fine, but I agree that there are those who simply revel in pissing and moaning about those shows they don't like and who enjoy poking a stick in the eye of people who are fans of those shows. That's not an approach I have have any time for. Having said that, doubleohfive, you've sported a sig taking a shot at Star Trek: Voyager for as long as I can remember. However jocular the shot is, it's still a shot. Doesn't that contradict the position you've stated here?

19. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Reading the article... Christ, it's like a Perez Hilton blog entry. Miley says she doesn't like musicals, they quote her by even cutting out a chunk of the quote -they don't even put her quote in quoutes- and from the quotes she doesn't say anything about Glee.

20. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

Again, why are we caring what Miley thinks?