The unofficial Rock Band thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Aragorn, May 30, 2008.

1. mrcoaster

mrcoaster Fleet Admiral Admiral

One of these days we have to get together and play as a TrekBBS band. I have a ton of DLC (minus some of the thrashier/metal stuff, Metallica, etc.).

2. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

No Metallica?? FOR SHAME! :P

3. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Guitar Hero's next "Guitar Hero: Aerosmith" game is "Guitar Hero" Metallica," so they've got that band cornered (which is also why Enter Sandman could not be exported to play on Rock Band 2).

I guess Rock Band countered by taking The Beatles.

4. mrcoaster

Yeah - what can I say? I really don't like Metallica, aside from one or two songs. That and Lars and Co. almost prevented me from meeting my gf by shutting down Napster many years ago. That didn't exactly help their cause either. ;)

When the Beatles game comes out later this year, however...I will be all over that immediately.

5. Brikar99

Heh, it's cool, yo. Just bustin' chops. I'll definitely be getting the Beatles myself. I'm really curious for more details about it, because they've (understandably) been very vague about it. I don't expect the actual gameplay to be any different, but there's talk of a storyline following the history of the band, and I wonder how that will play out.

6. mrcoaster

Oh, I know you were just bustin' me. I do really like playing Enter Sandman, but that one was one of the three you couldn't export into RB2 (figures!).

I'm really curious as to how the Beatles game will play out. The fact that they're not tying it to RB, and wanting to follow a storyline should make it at least somewhat unique. Can't wait to find out some more about the game.

I just played guitar for the first time in two months today. Much of it came right back, but there was definitely a lot of sloppiness involved. That's the problem with enjoying and wanting to play all the instruments, AND having a ton of DLC. It's hard to really work on much in one segment of the game without ignoring the others. Damn you, Harmonix!

7. Aragorn

Downloads for the week of Jan. 25:

Grateful Dead Pack 02
    Hell In a Bucket
    Don't Ease Me In
    Cold Rain & Snow
    Doin' That Rag
    Fire On the Mountain
    Uncle John's Band

8. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

I know this is the Rock Band thread but...

http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2009/01/23...e-springsteen-dlc-for-two-days-onl/#continued

9. Brikar99

Springsteen for free? I'm in.

10. Rincewiend

Rincewiend Admiral Admiral

This week us Europeans will also be able to get RB2...

11. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

12. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

Free on 360 as well!
    http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/01/27/guitar-hero-world-tour-bruce-springsteen-track-pack.aspx

13. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Does anyone know if the Guitar Hero 3 controller works with Rock Band 2 on the 360 ?

14. Aragorn

The guitars that came with GH2 and GH3 both work with Rock Band and Rock Band 2 on the 360.

15. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

16. Pindar

Pindar Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Coolness.

I am getting tired of Guitar Hero and want new songs, the Aerosmith version was a bit of a let down and far too easy.

I may treat myself to Rock Band today.

17. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

So far, I have found the GHIII controller to be the best IMO, so you can't go wrong. Make sure you get Rock Band 2 and then get Rock Band 1 used, import the songs, and then return the game.

18. JonathonWally

JonathonWally Admiral Admiral

I've been using the white xplorer GHIII model, but after hearing a friend rave about the Rock Band 2 Wireless one, I ordered it.

I'll see how much I dig it when it arrives tomorrow.

19. Aragorn

The GHIII controller doesn't have the solo buttons though.

20. TheBrew

TheBrew Vice Admiral Admiral

I guess, but I never really used them on my RB1 guitar. Was a bit too much of an adjustment to jump to the solo buttons quickly when I could do the same thing near the neck.