AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2012

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Captain Craig, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

Re: AVENGERS - movie Discussion, News, Interviews, Pics till release 2

Vision and the Scarlet Witch were the "hot couple" when I started reading the Avengers. Sadly I think Wanda ( and Pietro) are somehow tied into the X-Men license so I doubt we'll be seeing her.

2. Yminale

Yminale Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Except for the fact that he was one of the founders of the Avengers and some of would like to see the movies at least acknowledge the comics.

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

As such movies are big business and movie time is limited one has to make choices.. include some lesser known and less popular characters or concentrate on some big tentpole characters.. obviously the producers have chosen the latter option.

We might get nods to them as "civilian" characters, i.e. scientists working for Shield or somesuch but the movie will focus on the big characters, i.e. characters they've spent years bulding up.

One thing Marvel did right was to do it their own way and not listen too much to fan demands.. if something wouldn't work in the movies (such as the outlandishly colorful costumes of Superheroes) it will get toned down or changed. So far their formula has paid off and i think Marvel can secretly live with the fact that they're pissing of some die-hard comic book fans for not sticking 100% to the comics (which have been retconned or "updated" so many times themselves that even fans disagree what is the best).

4. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

@StarTrek1701 what is the basis for making that comment? The fact that someone just brought him and Wasp up in this thread would automatically prove you wrong. They're not A list heroes and the public is probably not aware of them but to say "no one cares about them" is an incorrect statement. Comic book fans that are aware of the characters history to the "Avengers" would care for instance.

I also don't think we have Hank and Janet because they didn't want too large an ensemble cast. There are also secondary and bit characters as well that Joss has to focus on. I've been recently thinking about just how immense this production really is.

5. Ultramann

Ultramann Lieutenant Red Shirt

One, I was responding to an earlier post and put that in the wrong place. Second, who are you to determine relevance of posts?

6. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

What are you talking about? :confused:

7. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing it's this. He still hasn't learned to match his reply to the original comment.

And if it was in the wrong place, well, doesn't that mean it was irrelevant?

8. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

i have to admit, when i saw the trailer at the end of Captain America, i felt like standing up in the cinema and shouting AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

i resisted the temptation, however...

9. Timby

Timby o yea just like that Administrator

That lighting is absolutely terrible. It looks like a pilot for a television show. I hope these are shots that haven't been properly color-corrected yet, because that just looks silly.

10. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Lighting looks fine to me. It's a bit dark and muted, but that's no different from the Thor or Captain America movies.

You can't exactly have a bunch of guys in colorful costumes walking around a brightly lit set, after all.

11. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

The pics and video are awesome. I so cannot wait for this movie. :)

I've always kind of liked Hank Pym, but I think that he has come into his own in recent years in Slott's Mighty Avengers and Gage's Avengers Academy.

12. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

it all looks fine and to me as well can't wait. love the avengers and joss wheadon.
    hopefully this lead into a guardians of the galaxy movie.

13. jep316

jep316 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I don't know if it's true or not but I read that Gwyneth Paltrow might have a cameo as Pepper Potts which got me wishing there could be a scene with Paltrow's Potts,Nataile Portmans Jane Foster and Liv Tylers Betty Ross where they "compare notes" or are captured by the bad guys and instead of waiting to be rescued they free themselves and kick ass.:lol:

I know it would be unrealistic (and expensive)to have them appear but it would be cool if they could do it.

14. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Excluding Ant-Man wouldn't mean squat to even the most hardcore fans. They may have brought it up but that doesnt mean any fan is gonna boycott the movie because Ant-Man isnt in it.

15. Admiral_Young

That still does not mean "no one cares about him". No one is going to boycott the film because of missing characters.That'd be silly.

@Timby most of those shots lighting looks fine since I assume they take place in darkened rooms in the S.H.I.E.L.D. Hellicarrier.

16. Agenda

Agenda Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Am I the only one who thinks that Scarlet Johansson is tremendously overrated? She's not that hot and her acting lacks any sense of charisma.

17. StarTrek1701

StarTrek1701 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I feel the same way. She's a forced beauty as opposed to natural beauty. Just because she has big breasts doesn't mean she's hot, but many other guys seem to think otherwise.

18. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

And yet she was perfect as Black Widow, one of the highlights and funnest things of Iron Man 2. Go figure.

P.S. Actually, she's gorgeous.

19. Admiral_Young

How is Scarlett Johannson a "forced" beauty? I get the overrated commented, that seemed reasonable. StarTrek1701 are you trying to say you feel she's manufactured? If so you could probably say that about most of the actresses in Hollywood and music then.

I think she is gorgeous myself and not just because of her chest size. I was skeptical of her playing Natasha until I saw her in "Iron Man 2". I would love her even more if we saw her speak with a Russian accent in "Avengers" or even some Russian.

20. Broccoli

Broccoli Vice Admiral Admiral

I am suddenly reminded of this oldie, but goodie:

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.