UK DS9 Trekkers -help! Syfy runs!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine' started by Smoked Salmon, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Smoked Salmon

Smoked Salmon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Ok, this is really for my dear aging mother who doesn't have the DVDs. The UK versuon of SyFy channel has been running DS9 lately and she has been catching up with it (not having seen it since I was a young man living at the family home with the VHS's.). She's just bee watch the season 3 finale and it seems they are resetting things and going back to Emissary for the next episode. Does anyone here know what reason they might have to not show season four onwards? Or should I be lending her my DVDs?

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I suspect it's a rights issue. They maynot have the rights to air S4-7 at the moment. But bear in mind when SyFy (UK) first showed TNG they only showed S1-2, then the re-run after that went S1-4.

3. c0rnedfr0g

c0rnedfr0g Commodore Commodore

I think the entire series is on Netflix

4. Galactic Alignment

Galactic Alignment Captain Captain

Not the UK version of Netflix, unfortunately.

5. Trek Survivor

Trek Survivor Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They will get to the remaining seasons eventually; staggered throughout various runs (like they did/are doing with TNG)

6. c0rnedfr0g

c0rnedfr0g Commodore Commodore

It seems the majority of the episodes for all series are free to watch on StarTrek.com now. I know they've had TOS, TAS, and ENT for a long time, but I checked today and they also had full episodes of TNG, DS9, and VOY, which must be fairly recent additions

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I would just lend her your DVDs. It would likely be more quick than waiting on Syfy UK getting the broadcasting rights.

8. GameOn

GameOn Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

None of them are available in the UK.

9. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I was going to suggest that you could contact the network as I've done that before here asking about when a new season of a show would be aired, though with a free-to-air network...and in Australia. Got a pretty prompt reply, though the answer was unsurprisingly vague.

Anyway, went to the website to see if I could hunt down contact info and just had a look at their online schedule and it looks like they are continuing forward with season four starting in about 2 weeks: Syfy.co.uk schedule

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

DS9 is still being shown in reruns?

11. MikeS

MikeS Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^ This.

Why would you not lend the woman who lent you her body for eighteen months a couple of bits of plastic?! :vulcan:

12. Yorkshire Niner

Yorkshire Niner Captain Captain

I was thinking exactly the same thing! :lol:

Lend your mother your DVDs!! God, I'd love for either of my parents to start showing an interest in Trek! (not the JarJar-verse though).

:rommie:

13. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

^I'd love it if my parents showed an interest in any of it. And I love the Abramsverse. It got my brother and sister-in-law to take a step into my world.

14. R. Star

I know BBC America routinely shows TNG still. I believe Trek is still being shown quite routinely over in the UK and the rest of Europe.

15. Kinggodzillak

Kinggodzillak Captain Captain

Unfortunately the SyFy run is probably the worst screening the series has ever had in the UK. It's been hacked to bits to remove even the slightest of trace of violence. As seen here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nY_G732tbI

God knows what Way of the Warrior'll be like when they get to it in a couple of weeks time. I fully expect the climax to be replaced by a piece of paper with the words "Then captain cisko spoke nicely to the klingons and they all had cake and ice creem and then went home and noone got stabbied". scrawled on it. :rolleyes:

16. Peach Wookiee

"Nice boat," right?

17. R. Star

You forgot Gowron's vow of revenge. "You have served us bad cake, your ice cream reeks of your mother's milk, and you have dishonored us with no chocolate syrup! There shall be revenge!" :p

18. DS9forever

DS9forever Commodore Commodore

According to the TV listings, "The Way of the Warrior" first part is airing on Monday.

19. Yorkshire Niner

Yorkshire Niner Captain Captain

Or at least an alernate timeline version of your world. ;)

20. Peach Wookiee

Still part of my world. :)