Welcome new Voyager fans!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. Chief Medical Officer

Chief Medical Officer Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello everyone...I am new to the forum but have been a Star Trek fan my entire life. I have read at times that some people think that Voyager is the weakest of the series. I couldn't disagree more. There are some great episodes in this series and some great characters as well. My thoughts:

1. Kathryn Janeway as the first Star Trek female captain rocks!
    2. Seven of Nine....oh Seven of Nine....my wife accuses you of being the only reason I watch this show. Not true....you are ONE of the reasons.
    3. The entire Borg story arc is great and I think serves to tie the series together well.
    4. There were interesting villains in this series, including the Hirogen and Species 8472.
    5. ST:VOY has one of my favorite episodes of the entire franchise, 'Distant Origin'.

ST:VOY fits right in to the greatest TV franchise ever created....so enjoy it and don't listen to anyone who says it isn't good!

3. Thomas Eugene

Thomas Eugene Commodore Commodore

Agreed, this is a show that'll stay with you for ever if you've seen it at least once ...:beer:

And the borg certainly add a lot to it:
    [​IMG]

Kilana2 likes this.
  4. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

I tried to watch DS9 et after a couple episodes, I gave up. Idem for Star Trek, the original serie. In fact, only Star Trek:Voyager kept me tuned 1) because of Capitain Janeway of course (plus the fact, I really like Kate Mulgrew's acting) and 2) because of some very strong stories like Tuvix in s2; Remember and Futures's End in s3; Scorpion (with an introduction of Seven of Nine), Year of Hell, Counterpoint and Fury in S4; Equinox in s5 (mainly thanks to John Savage's performance); Unimatrix Zero in s6.

About Seven of Nine, I have to admit to really have appreciated this character lately maybe because, I had a hard time to accept the departure of Kes. This character really had of the potential to shine like in the episode where she has been a warrior.

Galekarens and Thomas Eugene like this.
  5. Thomas Eugene

My favourite series is by far VOYAGER.

However, if you give yourself some time, you might get to like some other Trek shows as well.

At first, I also found Deep Space Nine difficult to watch. But I stuck with it and after a while I thought it was getting better.

Now that I'm watching it for the second time, I can say I'm actually enjoying it quite a lot.

As for Voyager, it's the most entertaining show I've ever seen. There's nothing like it in my book. I've always liked everyone on that show. Yes, that includes Neelix and Chakotay, folks ... (and everyone else who generally gets a lof of bashing ...) :):):)

6. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

Well, I am rather going to try to watch Star Trek New Generation as far as several episodes of Voyager has welcome some of their well known characters (from Riker, Deanna Troi, Q, Reginald Barclay and of course, Jean-Luc Picard).
    And we'll see... :)

By curiosity, what are your favourite STV's episodes?

7. Thomas Eugene

See, I find TNG pretty boring. Still I intend to finish it for the second time as well. I watched the whole thing a long time ago ... then years later I started it again and got stuck somewhere in the middle.
    Might give it another try again one day - I just wish I could warm up to Picard. But I find this hard - he is so stiff in my book.

It would be difficult to list my fav VOY episodes: practically all of them except FURY! That one I found insulting both to the character and the actress.

Seriously, perhaps there are about ten which I don't enjoy too much and all the others are gems. There's usually one or two per season that I'm not so keen on - perhaps the most boring being THE HAUNTING OF DECK TWELVE.

However, I can tell you that even though I like all the characters on that show, two are particular favourites of mine: Janeway and Tom.

Is that an appropriate answer to your question? :)

8. Krustee_Sok

Krustee_Sok Ensign Red Shirt

I'm particularly fond of Neelix! As an archaeologist myself, I love his seemingly infinite amount of knowledge regarding other cultures and deep space.

9. Darkmoon

Darkmoon Cadet Newbie

Hello all,

I am brand new to this website and am glad I found it!

I am a huge Star Trek fan. I've watched TNG, DS9, Enterprise and most of the movies.

My favorite series of all time would have to probably be TNG with DS9 coming in very close (sometimes I feel that I like DS9 more).

I started watching Voyager a few weeks ago, and I'm currently on Season 5.

I'll be honest, I didn't like it when I first started watching but the show grew on me as I continued to watch.

I have to say that Season 5, so far, is amazingly well written and has some of the best storytelling of any Star Trek to date!

The characters have come a long way and I am definitely able to connect with them more.

I hope the rest of the seasons are just as good as this one, either way I am now a Voyager fan! :)

Live long and prosper.

benjaminh, Kilana2 and Krustee_Sok like this.
  10. Ghislaine H. B. BRAEME

It is! Thanks.:hugegrin::)

Thomas Eugene and Krustee_Sok like this.
  11. Krustee_Sok

Krustee_Sok Ensign Red Shirt

I have yet to embark on the TNG journey. I've been too hooked on Voyager, especially the episode "Living Witness."

Thomas Eugene likes this.
  12. stardream

stardream Commodore Commodore

Wow. People talking about Voyager. How exciting. We just finished a rewatch and now I'm deep in the relaunch novels. We are watching DS9 again which I also like a lot.
    Welcome to the new fans. :)

13. Thomas Eugene

I finished THE ETERNAL TIDE a few months ago. At the moment I'm reading a Star Wars novel but after finishing it I'm planning on continuing with PROTECTORS. It's a pity I don't have so much time to read but as you probably know, a lot of my spare time is spent making VOY desktop wallpapers ... :devil:

As for DS9, I'm watching it for the second time and it's not a bad series. Nothing like VOY, of course ... but still good. I'm in Season 6 right now and the war with the Dominion is in full swing ... i.e. I'm guessing only, maybe the war will become even more intense towards the end of the show.

And I know many of you will think I'm crazy but I've just started VOYAGER for the 34th time in my life ... :lol::lol::lol:

ArgyleTrekkie likes this.
  14. Sierra (B'Elanna)

Sierra (B'Elanna) Cadet Newbie

From the Alpha Quadrant;In the Delta Quadrant
    Hello, I am new. I am the newest Captain of Voyager, since Janeway became Admiral. I am new here, and I don't really know what to do....
    :hugegrin::vulcan::borg::biggrin:

15. Darkmoon

Darkmoon Cadet Newbie

Welcome aboard, Captain.

:)

16. Archimago

Archimago Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi! I just joined today. Fantastic to find some other appreciators of Star Trek Voyager. It by far encapsulated me the most out of any TV series I've ever watched. I have seen every episode twice and I'm thinking of doing a third run through :D (My favorite character is the Doctor!)

I'm also reading the novels now, what a fantastic continuation of the story.

Nice to meet you all :D

17. ArgyleTrekkie

ArgyleTrekkie Ensign Red Shirt

Long time lurker. Finally joined so that I can add my comments to mostly the book threads. My name is Bree, I live in Arizona. I have seen all Star Trek, and always referred to myself as a Trekkie and up until a few years ago might have answered that TNG was my favorite series. I ended up doing a full rewatch on Netflix after a good friend passed away a few years ago. The rewatch really helped me keep going and I fell MADLY in love with Voyager.

I was lucky enough to attend the Star Trek Las Vegas last year for the 20th Voyager reunion, it was an experience of a lifetime, especially doing the cast photo. I adore all Trek but Voyager has a very special place in my heart.

Like I mentioned, I lurk on here, but am very active on platforms like Tumblr. What else? I love cats. I only have one myself, but I typically have a foster staying with us. I am a big enough fan that even my little VW has a themed plate.

[​IMG]

Thomas Eugene and stardream like this.
  18. Archimago

Nice to meet you :D I havent explored the book section at all yet! I may have to have a look tonight because the Voyager books I read were so accurate to the characters. It was like reading a script, they said exactly the right things.

ArgyleTrekkie likes this.
  19. ArgyleTrekkie

ArgyleTrekkie Ensign Red Shirt

Totally! I feel like the books are additional episodes with the characters we love so much. Excited that it appears that we will be getting two books in 2017, Architects of Infinity and To Lose The Earth.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

stardream likes this.
  20. Archimago

That's fantastic! :D I'm just finishing full circle. I'm not sure if there are any after that, but I will defenitly catch up to read the new ones! Thanks for the info. Looking for ward to getting to know you better too.