Avengers 2 News, Rumors, Etc. Pictures until release...

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Flying Spaghetti Monster, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Dac

Dac Commodore Commodore

While I really enjoyed the movie, compared to the first one Age of Ultron is a mess. Way too much stuff happening. The first Avengers movie had the privilege of Phase I all leading directly to it - Phase II by comparison was a mess of different stories none of which have direct ties to the plot of Ultron, meaning that while the first flick had a large part of backstory already set up for it, Ultron has to do all the setup, introduce new characters, new villains and a new story all whilst maintaining a balance between the original characters. It does its best, but holy crap did it bite off way, WAY more than it could chew.

2. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

I'm not getting this, most of the pre-release news contains way more spoilers than my review did. In fact, I intentionally avoided spoiling anything in my review. All I talked about was pacing issues, dark action sequences and the lack of name dropping. Is talking about such things really spoiling anything?

3. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

It does make sense to make a review thread though. Now that the movie is out in some markets.

4. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Speaking just for myself, I'd say you were OK, but I it was starting to get a little close. I think it is just a good idea to remind people outside of the US that we're not getting the movie until next week, so if you could please keep the spoilery stuff either coded or in the review thread until then.

5. shapeshifter

shapeshifter Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I didn't actually read anything in posts which were describing the film because I wanted to avoid spoilers. It looked spoilerey from a quick skim.

It's very close now anyway so I'll just keep out till I've seen the movie. Please, carry on.

6. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

Having a week to go, I wouldn't mind seeing some non-spoilerish opinions from people who've seen the film.

7. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

Non-spoiler thoughts. More action, more character stuff, lots of fun, plot is there but rushed, fairly evident it was much longer and trimmed down. I'm wanting to go see it again when I get chance.

8. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

Nope. The fake credits were professionally done

[YT]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2FWJgKMbFQ[/YT]

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

10. IcecreamLtDan

IcecreamLtDan Captain Captain

I.....I teared up.......just a little. Sorry, couldn't help it.