Star Trek Online Discussion Thread (now free to play!)

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by daedalus5, Sep 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruaidhri

Ruaidhri Commodore Commodore

Ruaidhri...Toronto in body, Philly in spirit!
    Good job!

2. Timofnine

Timofnine Saintly henchman of Santa Premium Member

Oh wow it is like playing the sequel to Star Trek Online - it is a totally different game and experience! I enjoyed it first time around but it is so much more polished now! I'm glad that I had the long break from playing.

Unfortunately, even though my Mac should be able to play the game with graphics maxed out as it far exceeds the minimum specs, it still seems a bit like it's struggling with graphics. So I've installed windows in Bootcamp and I shall also run it through that - apparently the OSX version doesn't run as well as the Windows version but at least now I have the option of playing no matter which OS I'm logged in to.

Loving the game, it's all new to me again :D

3. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

What's your charactername@timofnine ? So I can reinvite you to the Armada. :)

4. Timelord Victorious

Last night I had a look at the exchange.

Prices for R&D boxes ranged between 250k-900k EC.
    Superior upgrade modules cost around 350k.
    That means it is way cheaper to play an Elite Ground STF (Borg or Undine) or Undine Space STF or Nukara Ground STF to get one high value box, sell it and get 2 superior upgrade modules out of that instead of crafting one yourself... for now at least.

5. intrinsical

intrinsical Commodore Commodore

Its 5-10 times cheaper than I had expected if people were crafting these. After all, each superior takes 1 very rare material and they cost at minimum a million ec. In other words, they are not being crafted. Which suggests to me that people are somehow farming these.

6. Joel_Kirk

Joel_Kirk Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In the Joel Zone, identifying as Sexually Fluid.
    With my sci recon, I could never really get through the starbase's shields. And, if I did, it was only down to 1 percent....

7. intrinsical

Its what I use to test my ships too. I know that if my ship can take down the starbase without being destroyed, I can take on anything in the game.

8. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

So I purchased the ambassador robes from the fleet embassy but don't see them in my list of outfits at the tailor. Is there something else I need to do?

9. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

10. Timelord Victorious

it's an off-duty option, you set that at the Head menu in a drop down menu.

11. T J

T J Commodore Commodore

Ah ha! Thanks much!

12. pteal1979

pteal1979 Tal Shiar's Most Wanted Red Shirt

Can get online again, holodeck down. Since this weeks patch it seems to be one issue after another :(

13. Captain Kathryn

Captain Kathryn Commodore Commodore

As a Voyager fan, I am interested in this new Delta Rising update.

Is it just items or is it a new mission? The site doesn't give much info.

How to play it?

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  14. Captain Kathryn

Are they f***ing serious? $124.99 for the Delta Rising game pack? Am I reading this right? O_O :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream:

15. intrinsical

Its part of a continuing arc that's been going on for quite some time. Most recently, its lead to the discovery of a series of gateways that lead to the Delta Quadrant. Delta Rising continues the story with a series of new missions set in the Delta Quadrant and sees the return of several ex-Voyager crew members and Delta Quadrant species.

However, these missions are designed for players level 50 to 60 so if you're starting fresh, it may take a while before you reach these missions.

16. Leroy

Leroy Commodore Commodore

You don't have to buy the whole pack they will most likely (I'm almost 100% sure) tptb will part it out so you can buy only the ships you want (probably the only time it's justified to spend real money on the game) the content itself (missions and new features) are free.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  17. Captain Kathryn

I am level 30 so I guess I will need to wait a bit.

Do you need to pay for it?? Apparently the "game pack" for it is $124.99 LOL

18. intrinsical

Delta Rising content (the missions, queued events, various space and ground maps) are free for all players. Buying the pack is gives you 9 new ships (5 Fed, 2 KDF, 2 Rom) and a couple of in-game items and officers. Its totally optional and only worth it if you're playing lots of characters in each of the factions.

19. Timelord Victorious

The ships in the Delta Rising pack have nothing to do with Star Trek Voyager whatsoever.

If you want to have the Voyager experience, just get a T5 Intrepid class and upgrade it to T5-U.
    if you want to have it maximally powerful you can also get an even slightly more superior version from a fleet with a T5 starbase, though that will accumulate in cost if you dont want to grind out the resources.

it is likely that Cryptic will also introduce a faithful Intrepid class ship interior that may even feature some Voyager specificrooms like Astrometrics, neelix's kitchen and a cargobay with alcoves (but those are not confirmed).

20. Captain Kathryn

I just want to play the Delta Rising missions, but unlike other special missions that have come out since I've been playing, I didn't see any option to play. Maybe because I am level 30?

I don't really care about which ship I have, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.