The best episode of ENT - Part Two

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by BlueStuff, Aug 12, 2011.

1. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Carbon Creek
    Minefield
    Dead Stop
    Cease Fire
    Canamar
    Judgment
    The Breach
    Regeneration
    First Flight
    The Expanse

Hm, all the really bad episodes are gone.
    I'll take out Regeneration. The Borg weren't really needed in ENT, and I like all the other episodes better.

2. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Carbon Creek
    Minefield
    Dead Stop
    Cease Fire
    Judgment
    The Breach
    Regeneration
    First Flight
    The Expanse

Canamar: Poor man's Con Air rip off, set in space. Epic soundtrack by Brian Tyler, that's a little wasted here. He also did the music for "Regeneration", another show I really liked A LOT. Best Borg appearance since "Dark Frontier" on Voyager incidentally.

3. Admiral Shran

Admiral Shran Admiral Admiral

I really liked Regeneration as well. It made the Borg scary again. By the end of VOY they were still scary, but at a much diminished rate. And for as much as some people cry that the episode raped continuity, I thought it fit perfectly into the established story.

Carbon Creek
    Minefield
    Dead Stop
    Cease Fire
    Judgment
    First Flight
    The Expanse

I'll remove The Breach - the least memorable of those remaining.

4. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

Regeneration turned out very well, which wasn't something I was expecting after their lackluster run through VOY. Best Borg episode since Scorpion for me. And it's gone. Gone! :lol:

Carbon Creek
    Minefield
    Dead Stop
    Judgment
    First Flight
    The Expanse

I may get shot now. I've taken out Cease Fire. Now, the Andorian-Vulcan relationship was one of the best things that ENT did throughout its run, but I found this episode dull.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  5. Admiral Shran

^ Release the hounds. ;)

6. Seven of Five

Seven of Five Stupid Sexy Flanders! Premium Member

:lol:

I'll go take a long holiday somewhere.

7. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

This is why I prefer the hurt/heal system we did back in the day. It's too easy to take out an episode this way. Oh well...

Carbon Creek
    Minefield
    Dead Stop
    First Flight
    The Expanse

Judgment: What I liked best about this episode was Hertzler's performance as Antaak, but aside from that it was just kind of there. Not showing Archer's escape from Rura Penthe was mega-lame.

8. ChristopherPike

ChristopherPike Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Here we go then... Down to me to cut off my own nose to spite my face.

Carbon Creek
    Dead Stop
    First Flight
    The Expanse

Minefield: Two Romulan Bird of Preys cloak and decloak. I'm just enough of a canonite to be bugged by that. Yes, it can be explained... but frankly, I shouldn't have to. Suliban had stealth technology, rather too quickly dubbed cloaks by humans. Okay that's fine. They've got help from Future Guy. Those aliens in "Unexpected" had something similar too. Okay. Maybe they invented it and Starfleet never ran into them ever again. The race the Xindi called the Guardians, even used that advancement to hide their spheres. Yeah. Enough already! Sometimes I can switch off my canon filter. Other times I'm annoyed by it.

Ironically everything else in this episode is amazing. Invisible mines are great. T'Pol knowing how to correctly pronouce Rom-a-lan. Learning about Reed's family history and why his family don't approve. Beautiful looking Bird of Prey starships. The Romulan voices (once the UT is working) sounding like Germans in old WWII movies. The way Archer saves himself and Reed, by using shuttlepod hatches in the blast to throw them clear. Some foreshadowing what've been... ah! *sigh*

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  9. JiNX-01

JiNX-01 Admiral Admiral

Carbon Creek: It had its moments, but it's the weakest of the four remaining, IMO.

10. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

First Flight
    The Expanse

Dead Stop: A fun and creepy follow-up to "Minefield," with some good acting from Bakula, but still not quite best-of-the-best.

11. Admiral Shran

Well, since Carbon Creek is out of it, I'll declare the winner of Season Two to be....

The Expanse.

First Flight was good (good backstories) but the beginning of the Xindi Arc has more lasting significance.