The Action Figure and Toy Collecting and Discussion Thread!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by cooleddie74, Apr 7, 2012.

1. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

Got my MU Leader last night from a friend on another group. Finally now have one complete roster of the MoE.

CCC.

2. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Winter Soldier movie action figure is a stinker that is all!

3. cooleddie74

cooleddie74 Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Warped Sector of the Demented Quadrant
    Looks like one of my local stores finally stocked Wave 6 of Black Series featuring the Wampa Attack Luke and the Starkiller repack. I'll check tomorrow and see if they have anything cool left and worth picking up. The Luke and new R5-G19 astromech droid from Jedi are the main ones I want.

4. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Well, today shall be a day long remembered by me. Probably the single most important show to me as a child was Batman: The Animated Series. Today, I got the first of what will be an ongoing line of figures based on this amazing show. This version is actually the look from the final season when the show was rebranded The New Batman Adventures, and had an art style overhaul. DCC will be doing versions of character from both styles, with a Batman from the first seasons already announced. So here's the man himself:

[​IMG]

Loads of articulation, accessories, and swappable hands:
    [​IMG]

He even has a second cape that's a little more dynamic and doesn't restrict the shoulders as much. Here I am attempting the DVD cover pose:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  5. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

That is the most awesomeness ever.

6. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Another pic because I can't stop playing around with him!
    [​IMG]

7. cooleddie74

Scored some new Black Series and Rebels-packaged figures earlier today. Found the new Wave 6 (TIE Fighter Pilot cardback design) repacks of Starkiller and Yoda, picked up another Snowtrooper Commander in the earlier Black Series packaging and also grabbed the single-carded Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker and Snowtrooper figures on the smaller Rebels logo cardbacks.

8. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Yeah...I figured OdoWan would have immediately gotten his hands on Batman when he came out. I already REALLY wanted him but after seeing Shartimus Prime's review on youtube of him and the accessories that DC Collectibles released with him...I'm even more impressed.

9. C.E. Evans

C.E. Evans Admiral Admiral

Finally snagged the "I ain't seen it nowhere" Marvel Legends: Spider-man Black Cat figure from the Toys R Us down the street from me (just being there at the right time). Later went to an even closer Walgreens store and picked up a Doctor Who classic Dalek (it still trips me up being able to do that rather than order Doctor Who toys through the mail).

10. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

11. cooleddie74

I noticed there's no Dr. Crusher, though. I hope they eventually make one of her.

12. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

Does anyone collect the Walking Dead action figures.

13. LordMudd

LordMudd Captain Captain

I have no interest in those, but here is a Borg interior I just did that you can print out to display your Borg figure in,

[​IMG]

CCC.

14. cooleddie74

I don't, but they just released a Carol figure, and that is very cool on all sorts of levels.

15. Kira's Mom

I think this year I'm going to try to do an advent calendar with my Shelf Avengers. :evil:

16. cooleddie74

Do it.

That sounds like it would be a very fun (and potentially hilarious) concept. Besides, this thread can always use a Christmas theme with Holiday pictures.

17. wulfio

wulfio Captain Captain

Just got this in, and put it on my wall in my tv room. It's one of the Franklin Mint commissioning plaques from the 90's. I'll re frame it eventually. I'm imagining like a 4x3 black glass backing with the plaque on top. But regardless, here it is for now.

[​IMG]

18. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

I went to Walgreens today I found and got me a Boba Fett in the blanco prototype armor likely there were no die Kinder in the toy isle.

19. Nick086

Nick086 Captain Captain

20. Kira's Mom

I spent today baking pies for Thanksgiving. I had a little help from Thor and Hulk...

[​IMG]

The panel that inspired this photo:

[​IMG]