MLP:FIM S5E08 - "The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone" - Grade & Discuss

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Amaris, May 22, 2015.

?

Episode Grade

Poll closed Jun 12, 2015.
  1. A

71.4%
  2. B

28.6%
  3. C

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. F

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Episode Title: "The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone"
    Air Date: May 23rd, 2015, 11:30 AM Eastern Time (3:30 PM GMT/UTC)

Summary: "Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie are summoned by the map to travel to the ancient kingdom of Griffonstone, but, once there, they quickly find themselves at odds over what the mission is and what exactly it is they have been sent to fix."

Live Streams:
    HaxMega
    BronyState Theaters
    Brony Network
    Equestria TV
    Otaku Ascended

REMEMBER: DO NOT POST OPEN SPOILERS UNTIL AFTER 9:00 PM ET (1 AM UTC/GMT)

=-

Ruminations:
    We get another adventure episode spurred on by the map! This is episode 99, and one of the few written by our recently departed-to-Disney writers Amy Keating Rogers. So I expect quality. Also, I expect shenanigans. I'm usually right on these things. Anyway, in this one we get a disagreement between Pinkie Pie and Rainbow Dash. Considering how well the two usually get along, particularly being pranksters-in-arms, this should prove to be interesting. Let's watch!

2. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Re: MLP:FIM S5E08 - "The Lost Treasure of Griffonstone" - Grade & Disc

A

It nice seeing an old friend. ;)

3. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

B

A tad too rushed and shoving a lot of lore into a short episode for what they needed to cover. It was nice seeing some RD/PP time for a change and Gummy making a small cameo, still sans teeth.

Wow, that place sucks major ass. No wonder Gilda turned out the way she did, she was actually kind for a Griffon.

OMG tiny Gilda in the flashback, that was too adorable.

Still, she's nice now, got something going with Greta, promises of her meeting up with them again a lot sooner this time.

Spaced out over the season maybe, but all in one episode was a bit much, as was the forced 'chikun' meme, that wasn't needed, they need to ignore a lot of the stuff we do at times.

4. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I do agree that the episode was a bit rushed, and I think this could have been a great multi-episode arc. Still, it was great seeing an old friend, and yes, so so adorable! *squee*

For me, this episode belonged to Pinkie Pie, who just really knocked it out of the park. Of course, my favorite moment was

The Rainbow Dash impression f Twilight was awesome! :lol:

All in all, I have to give it an "A", because it kept me engaged, and was just downright hilarious. That's a good one from AKR.

5. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I loved it.

The music as they were ascending the mountain(s) was great, just enough LOTR.

I am also HIGHLY impressed that Griffonstone was in the end saved by teacakes. Highly impressed.

6. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

The other thing I liked was when Rainbow Dash falls off the cliff and cannot fly because, wind.. and as she hurls downwards who leaps after her to save her? Pinky, who has no wings :lol: And she's soooooo happy when she lands on top of her, still falling. That was super cute.

7. Amaris

Amaris Guest

The wind issue makes sense to me. I get the feeling that Dashie can move through high winds if she's prepared for it, but this caught her off guard. Plus, these winds seem to move in multiple directions. It's like being an excellent swimmer, and being in the ocean with multiple undertows going in different directions. No matter how good you are, you can't really fight that and win.

Also, yes, the Pinkie/Dash scene was adorable. :D

8. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Is Pinkie Sam?