Unexpected

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by dub, Jan 14, 2013.

1. dub

dub Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Forgive me if this has already been discussed here. I am just now watching Enterprise for the first time the whole way through. I just finished "Unexpected." Were any of you bothered by the treatment of the Klingons in this episode? I was thinking surely the Klingons would be more interested in the cloaking technology or investigating their weapons systems instead of information about their alien holodeck! And once I got past that, I was expecting them to be more interested in recreating battles on the holodeck instead of seeing their homeworld. I don't know. The Kilingons just really seemed to be written poorly in that episode.

2. SonicRanger

SonicRanger Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The treatment of the Klingons was hardly the worse part of this episode. The premise is simply going to remind the audience (of a certain age, at least) of the film Junior, which isn't a good thing.

3. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    My personal canon ending to this episode if that after the Enterprise leaves, the Klingons kill all the aliens and steal everything. Works for me and fixes it.

4. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My biggest problem with the episode is they pretty much laugh and belittle Trip for the equivalent of getting raped.

5. NeedsOfTheMany

NeedsOfTheMany Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

The episode was campy and the Klingons would have been much more aggressive but it was still very enjoyable.

6. tomalak301

tomalak301 Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm not entirely sure why I just watched this episode (Other than maybe it was being discussed here), but man what a very immature episode it was. I agree with R. Star, the whole laughing at Trip was bad.

7. controlfreak

controlfreak Commander Red Shirt

It was a fun episode.

8. BruntFCA

BruntFCA Commander Red Shirt

One thing this episode deserves credit for IMO is making the aliens seem rather alien.

9. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

Trip Tucker's Whacky Molestation Adventure

10. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Trip was not forced, nor was he drugged. He was of age and gave consent. He just got knocked up. I think they just dusted off an alternate script of Voyager's The Disease. Since Trip is the White Harry Kim, it worked well enough. The humor is neither sophisticated nor sidesplitting, though.

Every Klingon who doesn't act like one of those idiotic TNG/DS9 Klingons is fine by me.